Financial Controller at Capricorn Digital Limited
Posted on: 30 August, 2019
Deadline: 14 September, 2019
View Jobs in Advertising / Branding / PR
View All Jobs at Capricorn Digital Limited
Capricorn Digital Limited (CDL) is a digital solutions and distribution company that supports the growth of agents, merchants, entrepreneurs and/or small and medium sized businesses, while at the same time empowering them economically and financially, through the efficient and effective distribution of digital products and services across Nigeria.
Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
- The Financial Controller is responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department
- Reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in regards to all financial and accounting activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Manage the daily ledger posting of all large financial data of the CBN regulated agency based Fintech company, ensuring accuracy and speed
- Demonstrate usage of financial modeling and data analytics tools to discern reconciliation and products transactions posting of large and complex financial data
- Effectively work with auditors on statutory audit throughout the audit engagement
- Prepare monthly financial reports with supporting schedules and filled supporting documents
- Ensure proper postings of the large data, including agency banking and POS Card settlement with banks.
- Maintain relationship with banks, vendors, finance management team and company-wide management team
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual presentations
- In addition to liaising with the tax consultants; manage and provide advisory on taxation and regulations including pension, Pay As You Earn, Value Added Tax, Withholding Tax, Company Income Tax
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the approved external auditor.
- Prepare all supporting information for authorized groups such as FIRS
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts; and manage cash flow.
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting as compared to budget.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as required to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure.
- Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, or a related field;
- Several years of experience in a business or finance environment
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- 6+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles
- Applicants must be residents of Lagos.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Have outstanding mathematical skills
- Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Strong experience in financial analysis, financial reporting, variance analysis, managerial finance, financial statements, and financial modelling
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Other Skills and Abilities:
- PC proficiency and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point, Google and ERP accounting application is essential.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org The Subject of the e-mail should be the title of the position.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Know More About Capricorn Digital LimitedSimilar Jobs
- All On Investment Analyst at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Project Accountant at SOS Children Villages
- Accountant at Efficacy Construction Company
- Head, Financial Services Division at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Accountant at Kayhelt Pharma
- Finance Manager at Creative Associates International
- Senior Admin/Finance Assistant at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Accountant/Admin Officer at Owens and Xley