Chief Technology Officer at Fort Knox Group
Posted on: 29 August, 2019
Deadline: 1 September, 2019
View Jobs in Security
View All Jobs at Fort Knox Group
Fort Knox Group is one of the most diversified security and financial outfits in West Africa with fixed based operation in Nigeria servicing security contracts throughout the West Africa sub-region from its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
Chief Technology Officer
- Functions as Head of E-Business for the Group with the sole target of growing revenues.
- Aligning IT objectives and programmes to the overall Group objectives and strategies while coordinating IT and IT systems and infrastructure group-wide.
- Lead with a strong business mindset that sets the Group ahead competitively and responsible for all IT and technology (Internal/vendor/off-the-shelf) solutions delivery and enhancements.
- Matching Group IT initiatives to global IT trends thus keeping the Group and its subsidiaries as industry leaders on the basis of technological edge.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversees Groups’ technology-related strategies and initiatives inclusive of online platform development and optimization to meet short and long-term goals; IT platforms to boost new and emerging markets.
- Planning and managing of Group’s technology needs; internal and external application development and deployment in line with best practices and appropriate risk management.
- Planning, directing and implementation of enterprise IT systems to enhance business operations achieving cost effectiveness, improving service quality and business process enhancement.
- Creating IT systems and tools to manage and support marketing at retail and wholesale levels; support flash sales, subscription services, community/referral selling; and solutions to grow online businesses including social media monitoring and management to enhance marketing communications.
- Working together with the Heads of business units, Project Managers, teams and HR to ensure that Group staff are updated on the latest IT/technological initiatives of the company.
- Minimum qualification is a Degree from an accredited program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or related academic discipline required.
- Masters’ Degree or IT professional qualification, (MCP or MCSE) will be an added advantage.
- Object oriented programming languages e.g. Java, .NET etc. will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 10years’ experience of which 5 years must have been in a managerial role.
- Work related experience must consist of operations and information systems management in IT industry, FMCG or financial services industry.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English, including the ability to explain complex ideas to others with varying levels of expertise throughout the organization and with potential business partners.
- Proficient organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple, overlapping, and potentially conflicting priorities.
- Proficient ability to remain highly effective under stress and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Proficient experience working with developing and supporting scalable services, technologies and robust solutions in large web applications deployments under strict SLAs and high throughput.
Elaborated requirements relevant to the role:
- As Head of E-business, the CTO must possess up-to-date knowledge on current technologies to drive business acquisition and retention.
- Possess vast knowledge on development of mobile technology, applications and backend databases for reporting.
- Possess a good knowledge of design patterns, solutions/service-oriented architecture, API management and micro-services architecture
- Possess good knowledge of diverse development domains- frameworks, utilities and development environment.
- Possess a good knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Good knowledge of solution risk assessment, security considerations, authentication and authorization best practices.
- Good knowledge of agile development best practices.
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures to aid in the development of high quality IT solutions.
- Must be on top of technology stack and learn the latest developments and techniques, as well as broader industry-wide trends
- Manage and drive third-level support on solutions on-boarding and management.
- Experienced in managing networks across multiple locations.
- Lead, manage, drive and oversee Projects and IT department (teams) group-wide to deliver qualitative, timely and customer satisfying IT/ technology driven solutions to both internal and external customers.
- Interface and oversee external IT contractors to ensure qualitative and timely delivery on contracts and SLA.
Skills & Competencies required:
- Good knowledge of project management, work breakdown structure, execution, reporting and project governance.
- Ability to develop, recommend and implement long-term and short-term technology plans, budgets and programs that support and align with the strategic objectives of the Group and the goals of the business lines, while maximizing the mix of in-house versus outsourced solutions and vendors.
- Must have knowledge of wide range of IT hardware and applications.
- Ability to diagnose, identify and troubleshoot wide range of technical issues quickly and correctly
- Customer service oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, able to perform complex tasks in one or more software development area.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, which may require extended hours to meet time deadlines.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Facilitate team education & knowledge transfer by training and knowledge sharing session
- Build team structure to aid a systematic relief process and business continuity.
- Imbibe emotional intelligence skills and adequately apply where necessary.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Must be prepared to travel at short notice.
Highly competitive salary, generous pension scheme, as well as a robust working environment with excellent leaders!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using "Chief Technology Officer" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applications that do not comply with this requirement will not be considered.
- Know More About Fort Knox GroupSimilar Jobs
- Graphic Designer at Apata & Ascott Limited
- Adhoc Data Entry Officer at Padoserve Limited
- Coordinator, System Administration at eHealth Systems Africa
- Research/Facilitator at Proxynet Communications Limited
- Graphic Artist at Ysidra Creative Solutions Limited
- Intern, Laboratory at eHealth Systems Africa
- Technical Product Manager at Riby Finance
- NOC Support Engineer at Main One Cable