Directional Driller at WTS Energy
Posted on: 28 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at WTS Energy
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients' projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
- For one of our Clients, we are looking for Directional Drillers for various projects in Africa
- The Directional Driller would be involved in the planning, execution and management of all phases of any directional drilling job to assist in delivering services that meet or exceed client expectations. Mobility for commuting is required for this position.
- Besides providing technical support at the wellsite, the DD Specialist is also partially responsible for the training and development of any subordinate while at the wellsite.
- Manages personal development and stay informed on current technologies and strategies
- Responsible for training, coaching and mentoring less experienced DD’s following the fixed step training program
- Follows the fixed step training program and competency requirements (if applicable)
- Meets and maintains all minimum OFS Safety Training Coefficient (STC) requirements as well as job related STC
- Mentors less experienced personnel
- Responsible for pre-job planning (equipment and personnel) and mobilization (when necessary)
- Demonstrates knowledge of all DD techniques and all surveying methods used in the location
- Develops expertise on advanced well planning techniques using Drilling Office
- Documents all incident / accident events on the job and at the office in Quest
- Assist in providing solutions to drilling issues
- When necessary prepare or assist with the preparation of end of well reports / Client’s final product delivery
- Acts as the Client’s focal point for drilling operations at the rig site
- Effectively manages inventory and supplies required at the well site
- Participates actively in knowledge sharing
- Ensures all reporting requirements are fulfilled accurately and on a timely basis
- When necessary assist with follow up on failures with the maintenance team and ensures failure reports are closed with Clients
- Follows and complies with all SQ, HSE and IT standards ie: by wearing all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
- When required, prepare projection of the well path to pre-determine target co-ordinates
- When necessary, advise on directional operations, good practice, job execution and overall performance
- Work closely with others (Engineers, specialist and Client representatives) to achieve the job requirements and to carry out job handovers.
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a sense of urgency to complete
- Is a relentless and a versatile learner
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions
- Is personally committed to continuous improvement
- Listens and communicates effectively, written and verbally with Managers, peers and Clients.
- In depth knowledge of rigs, Directional Drilling, wellborne mechanics
- Designs BHA, provides advice on selection
- QUEST – InTouch – OFS Quality & HSE Standards
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word).
Method of Application
- Only candidates who meet the requirements stated above will be considered
- If you have the experience and ready for your new challenge, apply now by sending us an updated copy of your CV.
Interested and qualified? Go to WTS Energy career website on www.wtsenergy.com to apply
- Know More About WTS EnergySimilar Jobs
- Head Of Engineering at Riby Finance
- Coordinator, Operations Engineer (Renewable) at eHealth Systems Africa
- Production Manager/Engineer (Rigid & Flexible Foam Manufacturing) at Willers Solutions
- Service Engineer at Atlas Copco
- Maintenance Officer (Electrical) at Genesis Group
- Senior HVAC Engineer at Mandilas Group
- Consultant - Technical Support to CSDevNet at Climate & Sustainable Development Network of Nigeria
- PPM Monitoring Officer at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc