Pest Controller at Value Seeds Limited
Posted on: 27 August, 2019
Deadline: 5 September, 2019
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Value Seeds Limited
Value Seeds Limited was incorporated in 2009 and started business same year. We are in the business of research, multiplication and distribution of field crops; importation and distribution of assorted vegetable seeds. We are licensed by National Agricultural Seeds Council. We are a member of SEEDAN (Seeds Entrepreneurs Association of Nigeria) and one of the 8-member Ad hoc Committee set up to run the affairs of seed industry in Nigeria today
- The Pest Controller will ensure that appropriate chemicals are sprayed to combat infestation or pest attacks, identify invading pests and ensure safety measures are observed during spraying application.
- Spray chemical solutions, powders, and gases on or near farms or warehouse
- Identify invading pests, including rats, termites, snakes, wasps, ants, spiders, mosquitos, or bed bugs.
- Remove dead rodents after extermination.
- Ensure farm or building is empty when product is applied.
- Air out residence after application.
- Inspect property to ascertain wall and roof porosity and possible sites of pest invasion.
- Access infested locations.
- Pore pesticides over location.
- Clean and remove pesticides after application.
- Study preliminary reports and diagrams of infested area and determine treatment type required to eliminate and prevent recurrence of infestation.
- Measure area dimensions requiring treatment.
- Clean and remove blockages to facilitate application.
- Position and fasten edges of tarpaulins over building and tape vents to ensure air-tight environment and check for leaks.
- Manage workers involved in application.
- Check for possible leaks or exposure.
- Utilize appropriate protective gear and equipment during application.
- Power-spray chemicals onto surfaces.
- Must have a B.Sc. or HND in an Agriculture related field. A degree in Pest Control and Management will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years working experience
- Good Communication Skill
- Stability and Agility
- Ability to drive
- Good and Timely Reporting
- Attention to Details
- Time Management
- Team spirit.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Value Seeds Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Warehouse Manager at Value Seeds Limited
- Sales Representative at Value Seeds Limited
- Soil Scientist at Value Seeds Limited
- Extensionist at Value Seeds Limited
- Weed Scientist at Value Seeds Limited
- Agronomist at Value Seeds Limited
- Know More About Value Seeds LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Livelihood and MSD Programme Officer (BRICC) at Mercy Corps
- Agronomist at HT-Limited
- Field Agronomist at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Key Account Manager - West Africa at Bayer CropScience
- Rural Institution, Youth and Gender Consultant at Federal Government of Nigeria
- Agro Processing and Quality Enhancement Consultant at Federal Government of Nigeria
- Agricultural Production Consultant at Federal Government of Nigeria
- Horticulturist at University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan