Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
Project Coordinator Assistant
Ref Id: OS01700
Location: (Pulka, Gwoza LGA) Borno
Main Objective of the Position
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator (PC) in the administrative, networking and humanitarian parts of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- The PC Assistant, wil assist the Project Coordinator in advocacy, protection and understanding of the local context.
- He/she will ensure that protection data is consolidated and timely reported to the HA mission department.
- He/she will support the PC in collecting data from different departments for context analysis or humanitarian affairs.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analysing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision making processes.
- File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc) in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion.
- Ensures the continuity of relations with local actors and keeps updated the list of contacts.
- Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts.
- Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration onboard and within the project environment.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
- The PC Assistant will ensure continuity of activities related to protection and advocacy, including tools and reporting.
- The PC assistant will ensure continuity of relations with local actors and maintain the contact database and the meeting log book.
- She/he will follow specific files as requested by the HA mission department under supervision of the PC.
- Will ensure coordination of all departments in protection and advocacy, under supervision of the PC.
- She/he will feed the monthly sitrep.Participates actively in emergency response at field level, contributing to assessments and activating a contact network
- Follows the information diffused by the local media on a daily basis and compiles it in a press review
- Updates working documents related to the context and security (maps, situation reports, WER etc.) on a daily basis
- Keeps all the documents, reports, files updated, properly filed, and easy to access for the PC /Humanitarian Affairs Officer/Head of Mission and any other internal user when needed.
- Brief all incoming project staff on the local context and cultural practices.
- Facilitates contacts and organizes appointments for the Field Coordinator with local authorities and partners. In case of evacuation of international staff from the project area, keeps assuming some of the tasks (defined in advance) of the field coordinator and running the programs according to a contingency plan (defined in advance).
- Education: Desirable relevant University degree.
- Experience: Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs. Desirable knowledge of the local context and culture.
- Languages: English, Hausa and Mandra
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, powerpoint)
Salary: Level 6. NGN 303,781 (national contract).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV, work Certificates and Motivation Letter (Only Pdf or Word) preferably by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Submit it in person to any of the following MSF Spain Offices - Pulka, Maiduguri, Abuja.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- MSF encourages women and people with disability status to apply!!!