Lead Design Engineer at Horkey International Services Limited
Posted on: 19 August, 2019
Deadline: 28 August, 2019
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Horkey International Services Limited
Horkey International Services Limited is a wholly owned Nigerian company, which provides services in Dredging, Corrosion Control and Marine support services.
Lead Design Engineer
- Plan, Design and supervise work activities in the area of Civil/Structural Engineering
- Provide HSE leadership commitment to project team members, contractors and contractors personnel.
- The incumbent will ensure high quality, on time, and cost-effective execution of all Civil Engineering construction activities. Lead/participate in Project Execution meetings.
- Audit design of Civil Structures, Buildings and Associated Infrastructure for compliance with Shell Group standards.'
- Prepare scope of works and cost estimates (CTR) for Civil/Structural Engineering works in the project.
- Carry out Civil/Structural Engineering design works in compliance with standards.
- Review and implement project HSE plans, Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and method statements with measurable key performance indicators
- Review and implement Civil/Structural Engineering quality plans with measurable key performance indicators
- Coordinate and control SPDC and contractor resources deployed for Civil/Structural Engineering activities and monitor progress of projects, prepare and issue timely, accurate and concise progress reports.
- Monitor/report spend and manage Civil/Structural Engineering project activities in line approved budget
- Preside over project HSE and progress review meetings and provide feedback on performance including compliance with project quality and HSE plans
- Confirm completion of Civil/Structural Engineering scope of works, resolve outstanding issues, prepare and issue close-out report.
- Support SPDC's drive to enhance project execution both from a design, technical as well as an operational point of view for all projects and assets (Drive for increase in efficiency and realizing reductions in unit technical costs and life cycle costs and Unit Operating Cost the Pre-DG3 and Post-DG3 respectively; Identify innovative concepts support evaluate (both technically and commercially), and where appreciable opportunities exist, support deployment in current facilities and project.Special Challenges
- Deal with a broad spectrum of technical and commercial issues and uncertainties which must be engineered and managed to enable quality decisions to be made.
- Applying best practices in managing Civil/Structural Engineering activities in the Project/Asset.
- To achieve cost effectiveness and a 'fit-for-purpose' design without compromising technical integrity, operability, maintainability and reliability
- BSc or BEng. Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 5 to 7 of experience in the upstream oil and gas production and processing industry (FEED, detail design, construction, installation, commissioning and start-up)
- TA-3 certification ready
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills, good communication skill is essential.
- NSE membership/COREN registered.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV with a Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the mail.
- Recent Jobs from Horkey International Services Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control Officer at Horkey International Services Limited
- Loss Prevention Engineer at Horkey International Services Limited
- Piping Engineer at Horkey International Services Limited
- Mechanical Engineer/Technician at Horkey International Services Limited
- Process Engineer at Horkey International Services Limited
- Pipeline Engineer at Horkey International Services Limited
- Engineering Manager at Horkey International Services Limited
- Know More About Horkey International Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Cementing Specialist at WTS Energy
- Mechanical/Painting Supervisor at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- HDPE / PET Blow Moulding Supervisor / Operative at Candel Company
- Shelter Technical Assistant (Social) at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Shelter Technical Assistant at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Construction Engineer at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Project Engineer at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Project Interface Engineer at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited