Insiteful Solutions And Consult Nigeria Limited is a information technology company office in Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja, Nigeria. We assist our prospective client to reach there goals in the world or IT with lots of services like social media presence and strategies, product branding, capital management systems, press release and marketing services, IT consultations, research and development services etc.
Program Officer, Advocacy & Human Rights
Our client is seeking to hire a Program Officer, Advocacy & Human Rights to join their team in Abuja. The Program Officer supports the design, implementation, monitoring and documentation of the client’s advocacy and human rights program activities. The Program Officer will also serve as a liaison between the client and external stakeholders and partners.
- Devise advocacy priorities and strategies, identify advocacy opportunities, and undertake lobbying and advocacy directed at influencing governments, intergovernmental organizations, and human rights bodies and experts
- Undertake policy research and analysis in the areas of law, and human rights
- Draft advocacy documents including: petitions, shadow reports, policy briefs, briefing papers, internal memorandums, and other campaign documents
- Promote a rights based approach in programming work on sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Engage policy makers and other civil society organizations on human rights issues including keeping abreast with relevant issues in the field;
- Develop and implement programme proposals, work plans, budgets and project reports
- Investigate and document human rights violations and discrimination experienced by LGBT persons in Nigeria
- Ensure that the service users are involved in all decision making by providing them with the information, knowledge and skills to make decisions for themselves.
- Collect data and contribute to reports to demonstrate the impact of the service.
- Recruit, train and supervise a team of motivated volunteer advocates who will support with service delivery by having their own caseload.
- Develop and submit weekly and monthly activity plans in time for review and prior to implementation.
- Build the technical capacity of programme staff in advocacy skills relevant to the implementation of the programme, through training and continuous mentoring. Submit a clear capacity building plan for this process.
- Ensure quality control for all centralized and community level trainings organized for programme participants at all levels.
- Compile field reports ensuring evidence based out puts on advocacy are reflected and submitted in time for inclusion into the main programme reports: Compile and submit a monthly summary of evidence based highlights/ success stories on advocacy sector.
- Support the development of activity indicators, monitoring and data capturing tool that relate to the sector.
- Schedule and conduct regular field monitoring visits to identify, review and recommend relevant indicators for the successful delivery of the programme; monthly, quarterly and annual
- Develop and analyze content for programme use.
- Provide technical and sectoral inputs to/during planning, organizing and coordination of programme assessments, surveys and or researches
- Represent the programme on forums as and when delegated.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Work together with his/her team lead to design and implement programs & campaigns while ensuring all designed interventions remain compliant with donor, operational, finance, procurement and administrative systems.
- Assist direct lead in strengthening systems for reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring, according to all donor guidelines.
- Where applicable, oversee content development and production of project information. This will include drafting content, interfacing with staff members to develop progress/success write-ups, sharing photos and even summaries as needed.
Support other team members to:
Work with partners/consultants/team to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, target and budget.
Support documentation of lessons learned and coordinate learning activities
- Bachelor Degree or its equivalent in Law, International Relations, Development Studies, management, social sciences, international development or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 2 years of progressive work experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, including report development, writing and editing.
- Experience in designing and implementing successful human rights programs, campaigns and initiatives.
- A strong commitment to, and passion for, the principles and practice of human rights
Method of Application
Interested candidates must submit a formal application letter AND a CV, which must be forwarded directly to email@example.com by close of business (West African Central Time) by 19th August 2019 with the words “Program Officer” clearly stated in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received a response by 21st August 2019, please consider yourself as not having been shortlisted. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as Insiteful Solutions strongly uphold a policy of non-discrimination against any person regardless of orientation, race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender or disability.