Senior Instrumentations Engineer at Sellafield Energy
Posted on: 12 July, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Sellafield Energy
Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria's energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations.
Senior Instrumentations Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Preparation of Instrumentation Specifications, Philosophies, Lists, Requisitions, calculations, schedules and drawings for procurement, installation and commissioning of installations (Brownfield and Greenfield Projects) for Conceptual studies/Basic Engineering, Front End Engineering design (FEED), Detailed Engineering Design (DED) Projects.
- Prepare Instrumentation Philosophies (SIS, PAS, FGS, metering, tagging), Control and Safeguarding narratives.
- Prepare Instrumentation Specifications (SIS, PAS, FGS, metering, control panel, control system, cable, pressure instruments, temperature instruments, level instruments, flow instruments, shutdown and blow down valves, general instruments)
- Prepare instrument lists, instrument datasheets, I/O list cable schedule, Alarm and trip settings, Cause and effect matrix (including the F&G cause and effect matrix) and MTO for instruments.
- Prepare utility consumption calculations for power and instrument air
- Prepare RFQs ( instruments, control systems, control panels)
- Review of Instrumentation drawings (location drawings, interconnection drawings, cable termination drawings, cable tray/route drawings, cable block diagrams, control system block diagrams, shutdown logic diagrams, function block logic diagrams, hook-up drawings for various instruments, FAR layout drawings, junction box termination drawings, level coordination sketches,).
- Review and tagging of P& ID
- Prepare engineering calculation spreadsheets.
- Takes entire responsibility for the execution of detailed design and ensuring compliance with the project specification
- Liaise with other departments, clients, vendor, subcontractors, third parties and approving authority.
- Participate in inter-disciplines, project, client, vendor, subcontractors and third parties meetings.
- Participate in design review such as HAZOP, SIL classification, Independent Design Review Constructibility review, P&ID review and 3D model review meetings
- Perform Inter-discipline check and Job assignments
- Perform Instrumentation engineering review activities on documents/drawings produced out by other Engineers, Designers and CAD Operators.
- Prepare scope of work, man-hour and cost estimates for proposals
- Provide professional advice to peers in Instrumentation engineering design
- Prepare instrumentation cost time ratios (CTRs) for project Bids.
- Perform site verification and mark-up for Projects.
- Proven Instrumentation engineering expertise and competency in Basic Design, FEED and Detailed design
- Ability to use SPI INTOOLS to produce project database ( modules: index, specification, wiring, loop, calculation, process data, hook-ups and can create a database using the administrator module)
- Ability to use INSTRUCALC for valve sizing, flow element calculations
- Proficient in the use of Instrumentation Vendor softwares like Segment design tool 5.3.0(Emerson), Instrument toolkit (Emerson), SRVS6.2 (consolidated), ValspeQ (Masoneilan), Design Mate(FF), Aspire 2, Aspire E, PRV2SIZE(PENTAIR)
- Familiar with relevant engineering standards Total GS, DEP, ISA, ASME , ANSI , AGA , IEC, API, PIP and other company related standards.
- Ability to use various software packages (Adobe editing, Microsoft Excel, Word and Power point)
- Familiar with control/safety systems like HIMA, ALLEN BRADLEY, YOKOGAWA, EMERSON DELTA V, INVENSYS-Triconnex.
- Experienced in the field instruments specification and selection
- Excellent communication interpersonal and team skills.
- Proficient in the selection of protocols (HART, MODBUS, PROFIBUS and Foundation FIELDBUS) for communication.
- Offshore experience is needed and shall be an added advantage
- B.Eng. Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related field
- M.Sc. is an added advantage
- Min. 10 years in similar role.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Sellafield Energy
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Civil/Structural Engineer at Sellafield Energy
- Senior Electrical Engineer at Sellafield Energy
- Know More About Sellafield EnergySimilar Jobs
- Assistant Factory Manager at Bedmate Furniture
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control Officer at Prime Services
- Manager, LPG Operations at Rainoil Oil and Gas Company
- Team Lead, LPG Maintenance at Rainoil Oil and Gas Company
- Plant Manager (H/F) at Vallourec
- CNG Conversion Technician at Funtay Global Resources Ltd
- Auto Mechanic at Denver Building Services Limited
- Electrical Technician at Lightning Networks