Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities
Location: Monguno, Borno
- The Logistics Manager will implement and supervise all logistics operations at his/her assigned base.
- He/she will organize logistic support for programs, in keeping with Solidarités International procedures.
- He/she will assist the field coordinator in the implementation of safety rules.
- Carry out a purchasing environment analysis at the local level
- Updating of price lists and supplier files on regular bases
- Manage the Solidarités International purchasing procedures and those from donors funding the programs.
- Establish and update purchasing timelines, taking into consideration procurement tables, operation timelines and contextual and procedural logistical constraints
- Receive, approve and process requests for quotes and internal order forms
- Ensure that budgetary lines related to logistics are monitored, observed and update LFU (Log follow up) for each project.
- Supervise the preparation of purchasing documents and draft the contracts
- Participate in the drafting the call for tenders
- Supervise purchasing, ensuring that approval rules and procedures are observed
- Select suppliers and negotiate prices, deadlines and delivery methods
- Ensure that purchasing documents are complete and archived in keeping with Solidarités International procedures
- Ensure that dealings with suppliers are monitored
- Communicate and coordinate with coordination the purchase required Coordination and HQ validation.
Vehicle Fleet Management:
- Negotiate vehicle rental contracts
- Supervise the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Establish vehicle movement schedules
- Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
- Permanently ensure that all drivers have received general training and carry out regular testing
- Ensure that drivers are aware of their obligation to adhere to Solidarités International safety rules and procedures
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
- Ensure that fuel consumption and vehicle mileage are monitored, consolidated, analyzed and recorded
- Prevent the misappropriation of fuel and spare parts
- Ensure that all vehicles have accompanying administrative documents and that these are correctly filed and monitored
- Update fuel follow up, register fuel consumption of on real time and integrate the fleet report.
- Update statement of park (durable inventory) in real time
- Optimize distribution of materials according to task needs
- Update the responsibility follow up regularly.
- Organize the installation, safe-guarding and monitoring of materials
- Install communication means and ensure that they are regularly maintained
- Train teams in the use of these communication means
Management and Monitoring of IT Equipment:
- Update antivirus software
- Implement backup and data-protection procedures
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
- Provide technical assistance to teams and organize training sessions
- Select storage locations and create a plan for the development and security of these sites
- Ensure material is stored under suitable conditions and monitor expiration dates
- Ensure procedures are followed as stock is checked in and out
- See that all documentation linked to stock is complete and correct
- Supervise monthly physical stock inventory
- Update stock follow up on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Human Resource Management:
- Analyse and quantify logistics personnel needs
- Recruit, train and supervise the logistics team
- Conduct performance reviews for members of the logistics team
- Organize formal team meetings at regular intervals
- Implement team safety measures as determined by the coordination team
- Train teams in safety rules and procedures
- Pass on any security-related information to his/her line manager
- Ensure the compilation of price and supplier lists, as well as information in use (import-export, exemption, taxes)
- Ensure that internal order forms are monitored and that the status of each order is given to the person waiting
- Consolidate logistics packs monthly and pass on to the logistics coordinator
- Provide the logistics coordinator with all information needed to draft intermediary and final reports
- Pass on purchasing reports for closed programs to the coordinators at the established frequency.
Org Chart Position (Reporting and functional relationships)
- Line manager: Field coordinator
- Line report(s) on base: Entire base logistics team
- Functional manager: Logistics Coordinator
- Functional report(s): Logistics Coordinator
Method of Application
- Please when the page opens, select "Logistics Assistant" fill the form and attach your CV. The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
Interested and qualified? Go to Solidarites International career website on docs.google.com to apply