The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was establish in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
Case Management Officer
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 9 Months
The Case Management officer, under the supervision of the Child Protection Specialist/Technical Adviser will be responsible for:
- Supervising the implementation of the Case Management activities in the various communities
- Supervising case workers
- Supervising and participating case conference and case review the
- Coordinating with relevant stakeholder involved in CP
- The Case Manager officer will ensure that project activities are consistent with CHAD’S programming principles and approaches, draw on relevant best practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Support on and keep up-to-date a map of existing services to which children and families can be referred to.
- Link case workers with service providers and support effective collaboration
- Supervise and coach case workers on the identification, assessment, documentation, referral (to relevant services) and follow-up of at-risk children and families
- Supervise and support the case workers in family visits if necessary
- Organize weekly case management conferences/ case review with all case workers
- Ensure that case workers respect confidentiality and follow ethical guidelines
- Ensure that files, registers and computer databases are used in an appropriate and correct manner and ensure case workers adhere to proper documentation and data protection protocols
- Support the implementation of the Inter-Agency Child Protection Information Management System
- Review the follow up of cases, and ensure all cases are managed within acceptable timelines
- Work in close collaboration with the community mobilisers to strengthen our relationship with the community and to strengthen the referral system.
- Work with the child protection team to ensure close links between case management and our work with community based child protection mechanism.
- Ensure internal referral mechanisms (with other sectors) are in place and cases are appropriately managed and followed up when referred
- Ensure constant and transparent communication and collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including community members, community leaders and families
- Document best practice, case studies and learning
- Share information on field-level successes and challenges with the Child Protection officer.
- Ensure that major challenges are flagged early, and addressed in an appropriate way;
- Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of child protection risks
- Support the preparation of all procurement and administrative documents required for case management implementation.
- Support the Child Protection Manager in the ongoing capacity building of case workers
- Submit regular case management reports and ensure that information is kept up to date
- Coordinate with other agencies offering case management services to children on referral and transfer of cases
Skills and Behaviours (CHAD Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling CHAD values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for CHAD, engages and motivates others
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues and with relevant external partners.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Do no harm and confidentiality.
- Experience in project management and supervision of staff.
- Experience in designing and facilitating training sessions.
- Knowledge and understanding of inter-agency standards and guidelines in child protection, including the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (not longer than three pages) to:
CHAD Office, Bulumkutu Abuja,
Behind Bulumkutu Primary School,
Maiduguri, Borno State.