Regional Technical Officer at Airtel
Posted on: 10 July, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Airtel
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
Regional Technical Officer
Purpose of the Job
- To lead, direct, coordinate and control all Network Operations, Maintenance and Resources in the Region to ensure all goals (optimal network availability, coverage, maintaining target network KPI’s and quality standards) are met to deliver plus one network quality.
- Providing local network support for both the Commercial Teams in the Region towards ensuring that network impacting issues are proactively resolved.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure overall proactive and continuous improvement of Customer experience and perception in the Region.
- Responsible for the overall alignment of regional objectives with organizational objectives by ensuring effective communication of operational plan to all stakeholders as well as its execution and monitoring.
- Ensure Regional Network performance across all KPIs
- Periodic review and analysis of worst cells and follows up with ZTOs
- Drive continuous Network improvement of own zone drawing up improvement plan and following up on related functions within network.
- Co-ordinate Annual Regional Operating Plan compilation for Airtel Nigeria Networks
- Direct achievement of Annual Regional Operating Plan targets and all local and group Operating Expenditure saving initiatives to ensure optimization of all network investments
- Ensure Key focus on recurring Operating Expenditure.
- Co-ordinate the Regional Networks team to ensure alignment with the organizational goals
- Ensure all processes for effective management of Partners.
- Ensuring that SP requirements receive the necessary support from both the network local and central teams
- Team Management
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Strategic negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial disposition in decision making and managing resources
- Logical decision making abilities
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on service level agreements
- Ability to motivate and lead both internal and external partners
- Impeccable integrity and character
- Communication Skills
- Cost, process and automation Innovation
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Electrical /Electronic Engineering or Telecoms Engineering (Masters Degree in Engineering a plus)
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network O&M
- 8 - 12 years of varied experience in operation and maintenance in the Telecom industry
- 4 – 6 years managerial/Supervisory experience in a GSM/mobile company
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Airtel
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Lead, Quality Assurance & Tools at Airtel
- Head, Transport Engineering at Airtel
- Technology Program Executive at Airtel
- Business Support Engineer at Airtel
- Lead, Business Support System at Airtel
- Passive and Active Partner Governance Engineer at Airtel
- Lead - Reporting & Regulatory Compliance at Airtel
- Know More About AirtelSimilar Jobs
- Network Engineer at Netcom Africa
- Analyst ICT (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Female .Net Developer at GVA Partners
- Dell Storage and Backup Engineer at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- System Capture - Freight Net Officer at Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited
- Country ICT Manager at British Council
- Software Developer (POS) at Karferry Limited
- Back End Developer at Karferry Limited