RTI (www.rti.org) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners is implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) project. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. This is part of the United States Government’s (USG) efforts working with the Federal Government to address the heart of the challenges faced by the urban water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
Short Term Consultant for English and Pidgin Translator/Communication Expert
The USAID Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) program, is seeking to identify a professional translator/communications expert to summarize Delta State Water Law in English and Pidgin English with Infographic Illustrations.
- Initial meeting with Advocacy and Strategic Communications Advisor (ASCA)
- Review the Delta State Water Law and Water Policy documents, E-WASH Program profiles, USAID E-WASH graphics and design guidelines as well as relevant material and background information on hygiene and sanitation behavior change relevant to urban WASH
- Hold consultations with E-WASH Team and senior management and technical teams of Delta Urban Water Board (DSUWB), the Ministry of Water Resources Development to establish Project’s objectives, approach and impact of the Water Law in WASH services delivery and governance.
- Develop and summarize the Delta State Water Law in English and translate in Pidgin English, summarizing and rendering and illustrate in infographics in close consultation with E-WASH Program Team and Management of Delta State Urban Water Board;
- Advice on the selection of motifs, illustration characters and drawings to be featured.
- Visit at least 5 Zones of Delta State Urban Water Board and interact with and interview the stakeholders and customers to ascertain the dialectical variations in the Pidgin English they speak to capture that in the translation;
- Deliver draft manuscripts and outlines for comments. The outlines should cover the entire Delta State Water Law.
- Produce a printer ready version of summarized English and Pidgin English in infographic illustration
- An inception report to demonstrate that the consultant fully understands the assignment and a proposed work plan therein;
- A final manuscript in English and Pidgin English translated, and summarized with infographic illustration that is printers’ ready for publication for approval by USAID-EWASH, Delta State Urban Water Board and Ministry of Water Resources Development, Asaba.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of Master’s degree mass communication or social sciences
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive, work experience in professional translation services, development communications and/or a relevant field of experience
- Demonstrated strength and experience providing similar technical assistance with international development project
The Level of Effort (LOE) for this assignment is twenty-five (25) work days. Contract duration is effective July 29th and completion date of September 10th, 2019. Note: Engagement days may not run concurrently.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a CV (not more than 5 pages) to STTA@ewash.rti.org at not later than July 6th, 2019 clearly specifying the position as the SUBJECT of the email.
For further information about RTI International, please visit our website at www.rti.org
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V