Security Consultant at PACT
Posted on: 17 June, 2019
Deadline: 25 June, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at PACT
Pact is an International NGO with offices throughout the world with a mission to enable systematic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
Job Summary: The consultant will be responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing security solutions within the organization. The person would advise and report on the security situation in the country including threats and trends that need to be monitored. The consultant should be highly sensitive and stay abreast with recent developments within and around the country. The Consultant will also be tasked to maintain a vigilant approach to ensure the safety and security of staff and project property always; by providing support to all staff in the areas of security management, security awareness, contingency planning and security emergencies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide security advisory on Pact focal states to staff on effective physical and procedural security measures.
- Review staff travel schedules and projected travel itineraries to identify potential security and safety-related issues.
- Continuously monitor and analyze the security situation in the country as well as neighboring states to guarantee highest possible protection of staff and physical assets.
- Liaise with local law enforcement, diplomatic/international organizations and private security officers in close consultation with the Country Director to develop and strengthen contacts with local authorities.
- Develop and submit a Security Risk Assessment and Security Tree.
- Report security intelligence, incidents and concerns to the senior management and propose adequate security measurements in case of possible security threats to staff and assets.
- Provide security briefing to all newly arriving staff and visiting staff.
- Constant monitor of the environment with an eye on issuing any security advisory through the Country Director that may affect the safety and security of staff.
- Conduct periodic security awareness briefings for staff.
- Organize security and fire/life safety training and briefing for staff.
- Ensure all security incidences and occurrences are well reported, coordinated and documented.
- Provide weekly security updates to all staff on project sites and country office location.
- Activate emergency response and provide necessary assistance and guidance to staff.
- Weekly security report on project sites and country office location.
- Monthly report on the state of security in the country and state offices.
- Monthly Report on security drills and safety trainings facilitated for staff.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Management/Business Administration/Law or any other related course. Security training is a must. A Bachelor Degree and a Post graduate training in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- At least 3 – 5 years’ progressive experience in security administration and management.
- Previous experience in law enforcement is preferred but not required.
- Thorough understanding of donor and Nigerian legal requirements for security functions, including laws applicable and INGOs regulations.
- Strong planning, organizing and analytical skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiently in MS office suite – Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word.
- Ability and willingness to undertake periodic travel to Pact field offices.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org.. All applications MUST be submitted as a single file in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail (i.e Security Consultant). Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.