Business Analyst at Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN)
Posted on: 10 June, 2019
Deadline: 12 June, 2019
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN)
Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast growing Software company with a vision to build an enduring organization with an ecosystem of value creators- while delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- As a Business Analyst, you will be a dedicated resource of a Strategic Business Unit (SBU) and as such will work directly in the SBU under the supervision of the Senior Business Analyst at the SBU or SBU management team (where no Senior BA is on this team). All assigned task from the Competence Center will be targeted at personal development (and occasionally to cover for shortfalls in capacity)
- You will be tasked with learning sector/industry specific skills while also perfecting skills around Business Analyst competence and knowledge areas through training and practical approach to learning.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Stakeholder Management: Demonstrate maturity in the management of executive stakeholders and clients, always exceeding expectation set for continuous improvement.
- Discipline, drive, depth understanding of a sector: Requires quick assimilation of the sector with emphasis on data analysis, research and reporting.
- Support business operations through operations -strategy alignment, and periodic (weekly, monthly) reports/updates.
- Proven quality of technical Documentation, showing attention to details and clarity with a maximum of 2 reviews. With almost zero iteration required.
- Quality Management, Requirements Management, Software testing and User acceptance testing.
- Quality of work done: Work on projects and produce quality outputs for tasks required by the SBU, producing outputs in line with Business Analyst engagement model and standard, supervised by a Senior Personnel
- Capacity Building: Evident Improvement in soft skills and growth in competence and knowledge areas.
- Solution go-to-market strategy alignment.
- Business process analysis and improvement
- Support product development and business expansion projects
Qualification & Requirements
- Young, passionate and available to put in the long hours.
- B.Sc Certificate holder, Certification in a Business or Technology related course
- 2-5 years’ work experience in a similar/relevant role from a reputable organization (Experience in Business Systems Analysis is an advantage).
- An understanding of the role of a Business Analyst in a Technology product and service company.
- Drives significant insight from information gathered on the Venture Garden Group sector happenings and market trends.
- Above average level proficiency in the use of basic Microsoft office application/tools (MS Office, Visio, Smart draw, prototyping tools)
Added Considerations but not mandatory:
- Above average level proficiency in the use of Python, MySQL, PowerBI and Tableau
- Computer Science background
- A Master's Degree in a relevant field
- Sector Knowledge
- IIBA certification - CCBA or CBAP
- Project Management Certification - PMI, Scrum
- Research, Financial analysis, Systems analysis, Business analysis, & Data analysis
- Project Management & Product Management
- Solution go-to-market strategy mapping
- Requirements elicitation and life cycle management
- Solution design management/conceptualization
- Operations Management
- Process mapping and Improvement
- Ability to utilize market analysis tools e.g. PESTLE, SWOT, PEST, BMC etc.
- Solution Documentation management
- Business Development, Relationship Management and Sales
- Organizational Strategy Analysis/mapping
Skills & Abilities:
- Good Team player
- The right level of attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Good time management skill
- Excellent Communications skills
- Speedy learner
- Ability to lead small - mid-sized project teams
- Dependable, shows dedication and hunger to learn
- Exhibits confidence and maturity in handling senior management and executives internally and externally.
- Personal Presentation and Brand Management skills
- Cross-functional/ Cross-Business Thinking skills
- Willing, ready and able to learn new skills on the go
- High emotional intelligence
- Self-driven and Self-motivated
- Empathetic and understanding
- Skilled motivator
- Organized and Focused.
- Flexibility is important.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
- Must be ready to relocate to Lagos.
- Competitive based on experience
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Senior Data Analyst at Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN)
- Know More About Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN)Similar Jobs
- Manager at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Female School Operations Coordinator at Millie's International School
- Operations Supervisor at Beckley Consulting Limited
- Operations Officer at Borno State Government
- Secretary to the General Manager at Borno State Government
- Chief Operations Officer at Adexen
- Chief Strategy Officer at Adexen
- Head of School at Chelis Education Consult Limited