ROV Engineer at RusselSmith Group
Posted on: 10 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at RusselSmith Group
RusselSmith Group, is an ISO 9001:2008 certified asset integrity management services company incorporated to serve the needs of the global oil and gas exploration and production industry, using rope access technology as our principal medium of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfil their personal and professional potential.
Summary of Functions
- Develop project schedules in conjunction with the Projects Manager & Unit Manager; plan, direct and assign duties for ROV project personnel; schedule and authorize overtime as necessary to meet project schedules.
- Trains ROV engineers on operational functions; conduct safety orientations and meetings; assures that established policies and procedures are followed.
- Oversee and supervise all functions including receiving of components, ROV equipment inventory control and interim quality checks and shipping; assures compliance with all regulations and good code of practice.
- Completes work projects; Conversant with relevant work techniques and legislation
- Actively monitor the work environment for hazards; Identify and highlight possible risk on project. Monitor evaluates and ensures that all work is being carried out safely.
- Implement technical and safety requirements for the project. Attend all tailgate, team briefing, team debriefing and safety meetings.
- Conversant with relevant ROV work techniques and legislation; Report any nonconforming work. Prepare project reports. Assist in necessary project documentation.
- Identify and report technical queries to Project Engineer and or Project Manager
- Data analysis. Reading and interpreting drawings and procedures as maybe required.
- A University first degree in Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline.
- Expertise in video ray Pro 4
- Must be fully competent, conversant and have a strong working knowledge of remotely operated vehicles (ROVs)
- Possess current certificates for all operation areas as per OGUK and other relevant guidelines.
- Experience in risk assessments, HSE Audits/Meetings/Inspections, HSE Training, HSE Performance Reporting, First-Aid, and Accident Investigation.
- Advanced Subsea Engineering Certificate
- Knowledge and Adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Valid OPITO BOSIET/HUET Certification
- Good housekeeping standards
- International diving certification would be an added advantage
- Good communication skills.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility.
- Good team spirit and project management skills
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Interpersonal Skills - the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Quality control - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors team and company work to ensure quality.
- Safety and security - actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations and to receive ordinary information. Heavy lifting is expected.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- The Job is performed outdoor
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to RusselSmith Group career website on russelsmithgroup.com to apply
- Know More About RusselSmith GroupSimilar Jobs
- Cost Estimator/Planning Executive at Superflux International Limited
- Assemble Production (APD) Supervisor at Transsion Holdings
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control at SYOJ Consulting & Management Services
- Electrical/ Instrumentation at SYOJ Consulting & Management Services
- Construction/Fab Yard at SYOJ Consulting & Management Services
- Equipment Supervisor at Transsion Holdings
- Principal Material Control (PMC) Senior Specialist at Transsion Holdings
- Quality Control (QC) Supervisor at Transsion Holdings