Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Social Work Coordinator
Ref Id: 190001LL
Locations: Kano and Bauchi
Reports to: Programme Manager
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- As a member of the STEER Team, The Social Work Coordinator will be responsible for working closely with the STEER technical team to achieve the strategic objectives of the project – focusing primarily on Social Work, Care & Support but also supporting cross-cutting themes and integration efforts across the project with other areas of OVC programming including Household Economic Strengthening and Nutrition.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Ensure the day-to-day implementation of the work plan activities in the work plan and provide input into the development, on-going management and maintenance of the work plan.
- Provide technical support to STEER partners and Government counterparts to implement Social work activities and to ensure that agreed targets are met.
- Work closely with Partners to coordinate activities of Community Case Management Workers (CCMW) these includes; Routine Home visits, Case management, Referrals, Linkages and Collaboration with other Service providers.
- Support partners to form and coordinate activities of Child Protection Committees (CPC), Kids and Youth clubs, caregivers forum across Project communities
- Support Partner CSOs to develop and implement case plans including reviews and evaluations.
- Under the Supervision of Social Work Advisor, manage the preparation, coordination, and execution of special technical events, such as trainings.
- Schedule, coordinate, and participate in program trainings and meetings as required.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child protection policies; security procedures and other staff policies.
- Work with partners to improve quality of ability to monitor protection needs, gaps and interventions in and around child protection issues.
- Advocate with the government and other actors to take appropriate measure to remedy violations and address the protection concerns facing children in the communities. Liaise with relevant line ministries and commissions in order to foster partnerships and encourage national interest and ownership in protection of children
- Facilitate, draft, and participate in the development of, and/or the timely completion/review of STEER technical reports, such as: monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports; strategic plans and work plans; and other ad hoc reports, as required.
- Compile concise quantitative and qualitative reports, case studies, Success stories etc. on a monthly, and quarterly basis and submit to Social Work Advisor for documentation
- Represent STEER in States level meetings.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Social Work interventions
- Experience working with an international NGO a plus
- Interest in development issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in team environment
- Experience working across multiple sub agreements and partners; ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness within a dynamic multi-disciplinary project.
- A degree or equivalent work experience in the field of Social Work, Education or Development.
- Strong computer skills required, especially the ability to work comfortably in the MS office package
- Ability to work independently and manage various projects in a team setting with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Government of Nigeria Social Work Practices.
- Familiarity with OVC programming and principles.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required, and working knowledge of Hausa language.
- Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Provides best-in-class TA in area of work
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designs effective project implementation methods
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.