Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
The Factory Accountant will use knowledge and accounting principles to plan and coordinate inventory control measures. S/he will present monthly actual and forecast expenditures, prepare budget plans, develop and modify record-keeping and accounting systems, track cost reductions, and ensure operations are in compliance with government regulations. S/he will also analyze costs and overhead, such as raw materials for making products, manage inventory, and also monitor purchase orders and fixed assets within the company.
- Evaluate and maintain accuracy of general ledger.
- Reconcile all accounts within required timeframe and prepare all monthly bank reports.
- Analyze all financial records and assist consolidate financial statements.
- Ensure compliance to all local, state and Federal regulations, and oversee all payroll and account payable and receivable functions.
- Administer all attendance programs for all employees.
- Assist factory supervisors to manage all disciplinary activities.
- Maintain records for all factory activities and assist to recruit all required staff.
- Provide required training to all staff and perform regular credit checks on all customers and sales managements.
- Provide appropriate employee benefit programs.
- Prepare all required correspondence and maintain all accounting files on computer and ensure accuracy of same.
- Administer and reconcile all system account on monthly basis and manage all cash disbursement issues.
- Maintain accuracy for same and perform audit on all annual budget processes.
- Monitor all petty cash for factory and manage all everyday disbursements.
- Identify all appropriate systems and procedures to maintain efficiency of all financial information.
- Evaluate all factory documents and ensure compliance to federal and state laws.
- Recommend strategies to Line Manager and maintain knowledge on all current trends and provide training to all accounting and benefit regulations.
Education, Essential Skills & General Requirements:
- BSc/HND in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field
- Solid knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, processes, policies, and global accounting standards
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a related position
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Proficient in the use of at least one Accounting ERP software
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Ability to prepare accounting financial statements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send CVs to email@example.com stating the position applied as the subject of the mail.
PS: Candidates with experience in a Manufacturing/Factory setting will have an advantage.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.