TTC commenced operation in 2003 as TTC organization and was later, in 2007, registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as TTC Mobile Limited. We are in the business of manpower development for the telecom industry, via delivery of practical telecom training. We have over 10 years corporate experience in training delivery.
Aside our regular corporate training for companies, and retail training for fresh graduates, TTC Mobile has successfully deployed various grass-root-oriented trainings programs like FREE IT Training(2003), National Youth Development Program(2005), National ICT Summit(2007), National Telecom Scholarship (annually, since 2008). In 2010, we were selected as training partner to the federal government’s Presidential Amnesty Program, which implementation commenced in November 2010; We completed this training project in 2011.
Data Centre HVAC Technician
Department: Data Centre Operations
Function: Infrastructure Operations Job Grade: Outsourced
Reporting to: Data Centre Manager Location: Lagos
Travel Frequency: None Date: 14/05/2019
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (8am – 5pm)
Data Centre Operations Manager
Data Center HVAC Technician
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
Responsible for the operations, maintenance and repair of the Heating, Ventilation and Air
Conditioning (HVAC) systems at the Data Centres and Point of Presence (POP) owned by the organisation.
Deliverables (Maximum 5-6 key responsibilities)
Expected Key Results (Detailed KPIs) Key Activities
- Operation and Maintenance of various Execute preventive maintenance schedules brands and model of HVAC units according with/without third party vendors and update
- to their document operating procedure. relevant documentation and checklist.
- Maintenance of various types of HVAC systems e.g. Chillers, Air handling units, dry coolers and CRAC units.
- Ensure the Quality of Service of the Data Track trending operational characteristics
- Monitor and respond to abnormal conditions in Centre Infrastructure by:
- Continuous monitoring of the cooling system
- Maintain detailed and up-to-date records of HVAC system.
- operational issues for audits and SLA related o Reporting on the operational purposes.
- status of the HVAC systems across Data Centres, and POP.
- Ensure operational efficiency of colocation
- Follow the good application of change and services of the Data Centre. incident ticket linked to customers; Respect ITIL
- processes, incidents and changes to SLA.
Demonstrate (Key competencies)
- This section requires an overview of the education, experience and skills required to do the job at a satisfactory level. It is not a list of the jobholder’s qualification.
- Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills:
- At least an Higher National Diploma (HND) in either Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical
- Engineering or other related disciplines.
- Possession of relevant industry certification or trainings in HVAC systems installation, maintenance, and/or repairs.
- Knowledge of equipment installation, electrical and mechanical repairs, wielding and fabrication, and safety and compliance.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems and Microsoft office suite.
- Adept at conducting tests to identify faults.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 20kg.
- Candidate must be able to tolerate temperature of below 20° C for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external third parties.
Work Experience: Other Requirements:
- At least 3 years of previous work experience in a Customer Focus Data Centre Operations environment or Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Experience in the installation of compressors, Drive results evaporators, motors, ducts, and piping as well as Cultivate Innovation
- mechanical/electrical controls; read and interpret Ability to optimize work processes blueprints/diagrams. Resilience
- Experience troubleshooting breakdowns and Self Development repairing HVAC systems and components. Nimble Learning
- Experience in maintenance planning, scheduling and associated maintenance work.
- Experience with Data Centre Infrastructure Management (DCIM) tools will be an added advantage.
PO Approval: None
No. of vendors: None
No. of direct reports: None
Impact of position
Impact on customers (Please select one of the options below):
i) Type of customers
Mainly Internal Mainly External
Method of Application
CVs should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org