- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Imaging Scientist at Pyramids Diagnostics Services
Posted on: 6 June, 2019
Deadline: 1 July, 2019
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Pyramids Diagnostics Services
Pyramids Diagnostics was established in 2005 as a private liability company in the heart of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. It was established with a mission to meet the critical desire to bridge the gap in the diagnostic arm of the health sector in our environment. Increasingly, for lack of credible diagnostic apparatus and reliable laboratory investigative results in some health institutions, a missing link exist in the doctor’s ability to arrive at leading clinical diagnostics, consequently compromising therapeutic outcomes.
- Prepare patient for diagnostic imaging exam.
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders to administrators for supplies; verifying radiology supplies delivered by suppliers.
- Patience, decisiveness and meticulousness.
- A desire to contribute to patient care and treatment.
- High level, clear and effective, oral and written communication skills
- A responsible and mature approach to their work.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Accuracy, with good attention to detail.
- A systematic approach to tasks and the ability to follow instructions and set procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as supervise the work of more junior staff in the laboratory.
- Bachelor's degree in Radiography with possession of a provisional license to practice from the respective regulatory bodies is mandatory.
- Use of MRI and CT Scan required
Method of Application
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Recent Jobs from Pyramids Diagnostics Services
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Account Assistant at Pyramids Diagnostics Services
- ICT Assistant at Pyramids Diagnostics Services
- Know More About Pyramids Diagnostics ServicesSimilar Jobs
- Health Officer, NO-B at UNICEF
- Junior Registrar (Family Medicine) at Lily Hospitals Limited
- Radiograhpher at Lily Hospitals Limited
- Laboratory Manager at Inter-Arc Consultants Limited
- Qualified Nurse/Experienced Midwife at Beacongate Limited
- Senior Medical Officer at Beacongate Limited
- Laboratory Scientist at Beacongate Limited
- Laboratory Scientist at Inter-Arc Consultants Limited