StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
Managing Associate - Litigation
Job ref: Ass-Lit
Department: Litigation & Dispute Group
Supervisor: Managing Partner
- The Head, Litigation Group operates as a Practice Group Leader (PGL), and is generally responsible for developing and executing a Strategic Plan for the Litigation Group aimed at identifying new business opportunities and sustaining long- term profitable relationships with existing clients
- The PGL provides active and dynamic leadership of the group, helping it to achieve higher levels of revenue, competitiveness and market presence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Be able to provide, sound quality technical advice and guidance to clients at short notice when necessary
- Be established and recognized by peers in one or more areas of expertise
- Oversee all litigation instructions that come into the firm. This would entail receiving and understanding client instructions; allocating work and monitoring client service quality. Ensure compliance with quality control policies and procedures. (Undertake Service Evaluation Surveys on the conclusion of different matters, particularly significant projects. Field client complaints and work with team members to resolve any issues that may arise).
Marketing & Practice Development:
- Be able to generate repeat business from existing clients and win new clients
- Execute strategies to expand and improve the Practice as defined in the Group and Lawyers’ plan (Work with the Group as a team to improve the service and value delivered to clients - Engage in industry networking events to fruther develop market knowledge and business relationships; conduct research and competitive analyses to identify opportunities to deepen existing client relationships, expand the client base and increase external and internal visibility; maintain the Firm’s online presence via a highly informative and interactive website; etc.)
Practice Group Strategic (Business) Plan:
- Develop and execute an annual; plan for the group, with participation from group members in both plan formulation and implementation
- This covers Corporate Commercial Litigation, Arbitration, General Civil Litigation, Matrimonial Matters etc. (Critically assess the market for the Group’s services – trends affecting legal services, clients etc.; determine who the group’s main competitors are and your competitive advantage / unique selling points; identify tangible and implementable business development strategies to be adopted by the Group; training and development requisites, human resources requirements etc.).
Individual Lawyer Plans:
- Work with lawyers in the Group to identify and provide for professional development needs. Ensure that each lawyer in the group develops a Personal Plan for the year (Invest time in getting to know the individual members of your team – their strengths, weaknesses, career inspirations etc.; monitor their implementation efforts; assist revise the plan as required)
Communication & Co-ordination:
- Ensure active collaboration, coordination and communication within the Group and between the Corporate Advisory Group in the Firm.
- Monitor the issuance and payment of invoices. Evaluate and report on group profitability issues periodically, on a monthly and quarterly basis (Progress Reports should include Profitability Analyses of initiatives undertaken, strategies for deepening results achieved, challenges encountered and recommended lines of action).
- Oversight responsibility for ensuring that the Group complies with the Firm wide policies. (e.g. – opening new matters, time keeping, billings, collection, performance appraisal etc.)
- Recommend and appraise performance of National Youth Service Corp lawyers, law school attaches and interns for potential employment in the Firm’s Litigation Group.
- Supervise all team members in the litigation and dispute resolution department.
Qualifications & Other Attributes
- LL.B/B.L (LLM is an advantage but not required).
- Minimum of 12 years’ post qualification active experience in litigation.
- Notary public
- Good eye for detail and effective time-management and time management.
- The ability to keep abreast of professional, legal, technological and working practice changes and to impart such knowledge as necessary.
- Salary ranges between N5,400,000 – N6,000,000 gross per annum.
- Other benefits include 13th Month salary, Health Insurance + Dependents, Mobile Phone & Allowance, Leave Allowance & Performance Bonus.
Aplicants should forward their CV to: email@example.com using "Ass-Lit" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates who meet the requirements will be invited for interviews.
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Managing Associate - Litigation - firstname.lastname@example.org