- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Desktop and Server Specialist at GVA Partners
Posted on: 17 May, 2019
Deadline: 31 May, 2019
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at GVA Partners
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
Desktop and Server Specialist
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing specialist desktop services support (i.e. maintenance, development and security) and also participate as a member of the Technical Services team to ensure the successful integration and delivery of IT services
- The right candidate will possess a high skill level in supporting the environments at an enterprise level.
- Install operating systems/applications on users’ workstations and provide Active Directory, DHCP & DNS Support.
- Troubleshoot and repair basic LAN, WAN and internet issues at various locations specified within domain
- Create and re-set user accounts on Domain and Active Directory servers.
- Provide post –implementation support, guidance and advice to the user community.
- Investigate and coordinate the resolution of potential and actual service problems identified by the Desktop Services team or escalated through the incident management process.
- Evaluate and develop desktop fault corrections, site-specific modifications and work-arounds updating system documentation accurately and consistently
- Develop maintenance schedules and procedures, using application management software tools and techniques to investigate problems, collect performance statistics and create reports
- Collaborate with other team members in end user support to integrate technologies with appropriate systems and applications across the organisation.
- Recommend improvements and contribute to the implementation of agreed changes, architecture and design structures, tools and maintenance routines.
- Provide expert level (level 3) support for desktops, pcs, laptops, printers, scanners and associated software.
- Prepare and maintain operational documentation for OS and application software, providing advice where necessary on the correct and effective use of application software.
- Develop, maintain and document detailed knowledge of desktop management and process improvement, updating configuration management records where necessary.
- Provide appropriate status reports to team members, managers and users
- Contribute to project plans for the implementation of upgrades and developments to systems and services.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A good Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or any related discipline and relevant Microsoft Certification.
- 5+ years working experience with MS Office, Web/Internet technologies Windows 2000/XP/Vista Patch Management, Citrix, Anti-virus, Windows 200X Server, VM ware, SQL Knowledge, Microsoft Solutions, Networking and Enterprise Service Desk.
- Exceptional skills in the implementation and supporting the following environments: Windows Server 2003; Active Directory; MS Exchange 2003 and 2007; EMC Storage; Cisco Networks
- Cluster support and fail-over experience
- Basic Network security knowledge
- Enterprise Service Desk experience
- Antivirus Application experience
- Cisco Switches and Routers
- Service Desk Management experience
- Experience in the use of remote network management tools.
- Enterprise-level experience.
- Ability to support a variety of technologies and systems independently, resolve problems and pro-actively communicate solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exhibit a thorough approach to quality issues and documentation.
- Good sense of customer orientation and team working
- Demonstrated desire and ability to effectively learn new technology-committed to continuous learning and development on the job through self-study and formal courses.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Resume to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with "Desktop and Server Specialist" as the subject of the mail.
- Know More About GVA PartnersSimilar Jobs
- IT Service Management Officer at Microcred Group
- Senior Product Manager, Learning Technology at Andela
- Graphics Designer at Do Media Limited
- IT/RD at Culminate Consulting
- Java Software Developer / Engineer at Venten Ltd
- Web Developer at IPI Power Tech Nigeria Limited
- Senior Application Developer at Swift Networks
- Senior GIS Developer at eHealth Systems Africa