Geomodeller at Sahara Group
Posted on: 30 April, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Sahara Group
Asharami Energy Limited, a Sahara Group Company, is an oil exploration and production company with a strategy to deliver long term and sustainable growth.
- To develop reliable subsurface reservoir models and provide field life update for the reservoirs that make the development Plan and development Drilling and Completions.
- Build and update static earth and reservoir models, the essential member of well planning, field development activities, planning & monitoring operational activities across company’s asset locally and internationally
- Input to geological projects and studies and integrate study results in to field development models
- Perform model building and uncertainty modelling to ensure consistent models that are fit for purpose for Well re-entry plans, well intervention plans, Exploration and development drilling, and is essential for Full Field Development planning. Primary Liaison with Senior Reservoir engineer to ensure proper links between static model and dynamic model work as well work and drilling progress.
- Provision critical input to field data gathering and reservoir monitoring program
- Present results internally to management and externally to partners (government and other third parties). Liaise with partners to resolve technical issues.
- Help build and maintain accurate and comprehensive databases of data gathered in conjunction with Geoscience team members.
- Evaluate and communicate geological uncertainties feeding into additional data acquisition plans and capture in uncertainty analysis and reservoir modelling.
- Prepare supporting documentation on infill or further development drilling opportunities, including budgets, presentations, well proposals, well AFE's and well diaries as required.
- Align technical activities with business objectives to ensure timely delivery of fit for purpose solutions.
- Reinforce best practices in Geomodeling techniques and Petrel workflows in subsurface/Geoscience team
- Provide high quality geological evaluations, reservoir and well correlations to the Development Team.
- Define field data acquisition programs & field monitoring, including Wireline, LWD, coring and fluid sampling in collaboration with other members of the team.
- Provide technical assistance to other Subsurface team members
Minimum Qualification/ Experience
- B.Sc Geology, Geophysics, or Petroleum-Geoscience,
- Minimum of 10 years of core experience in Geomodeling / Production Geoscience / Static Modelling experience
- Strong working knowledge of Petrel and / Or CMG/Jewel Suite
- Property Modelling at Expert Level
- Structure Modelling Knowledge of Stratigraphy and Structural Architecture within the Niger-delta Plays at expert level
- Volumetrics Computations at Expert Level
- Uncertainty Analyses
- Core Log Integration for Reservoir Modelling
- Knowledge of Log Interpretation and Integration with Geologic Models
- Geostatistics in reservoir Modelling
- Integration and collaboration with other discipline inputs to the Model
- Seismic Interpretation and Log Interpretation Skills
- Ability to adapt to operational environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards and procedures.
- Good team player
- Must be a quick thinker
- Must possess good analytical and decision making skills
- Critical thinking,
- Ability to interpret complex data
- Petroleum Engineering Manager
- Internal and external stakeholders
- Regulatory bodies
- Production Operations Manager
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Sahara Group
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Contracting Strategy and Risk Advisor at Sahara Group
- Civil Engineer at Sahara Group
- Category Manager at Sahara Group
- Production Technologist at Sahara Group
- Seismic Interpreter at Sahara Group
- Senior Contracts Engineer at Sahara Group
- HSSE Supervisor at Sahara Group
- Data Manager at Sahara Group
- Petrophysicist at Sahara Group
- HSSE Manager at Sahara Group
- Know More About Sahara GroupSimilar Jobs
- Cost Estimator/Planning Executive at Superflux International Limited
- Assemble Production (APD) Supervisor at Transsion Holdings
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control at SYOJ Consulting & Management Services
- Electrical/ Instrumentation at SYOJ Consulting & Management Services
- Construction/Fab Yard at SYOJ Consulting & Management Services
- Equipment Supervisor at Transsion Holdings
- Principal Material Control (PMC) Senior Specialist at Transsion Holdings
- Quality Control (QC) Supervisor at Transsion Holdings