Chief of Party (KP-Care I) at Heartland Alliance
Posted on: 18 April, 2019
Deadline: 25 April, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Heartland Alliance
Heartland Alliance International (HAI) is the global arm of Heartland Alliance for Human Needs & Human Rights, a family of organizations that has been leading anti-poverty and social justice work in Chicago for more than 125 years. HAI implements programs in nearly a dozen countries on a range of global human rights issues, providing mental health and psychosocial services, access to justice for survivors of conflict or abuse, and high-quality stigma-free healthcare.
Chief of Party (KP-Care I)
About the Program
- Heartland Alliance Ltd/Gte seeks candidates for the above position for an upcoming five-year, USAID-funded program on Key Population Community HIV Services Action and Response (KP-Care I) Activity
- The program sites for KP-Care I are Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Lagos.
- The COP will have overall responsibility for administration, program management, performance monitoring and technical implementation and oversight of all aspects of activities
- S/he will serve as the principal institutional liaison to USAID/Nigeria and should be expected to have regular and transparent communication with the USAID/Nigeria AOR.
- This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Minimum of a Master's Degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Management, Social Work, or Business Administration with a focus on Public Health, Social Sciences, or related field. A First Degree in Medicine is preferred;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility designing, implementing, managing and leading large development program involving multiple partners, stakeholders, and geographic target areas in a developing country
- The 10 years must be inclusive of five (5) years prior experience as a Chief of Party or similar leadership role of similar size and complexity;
- The 10 years must also be inclusive of a minimum of three (3) years of experience providing specific technical direction and oversight of the development and management of HIV programs with key populations;
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience leading a technical activity through evidence and data driven decision making;
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to effectively work with KP community leaders and members, senior government officials dignitaries, executives of NGOs, Faith Based Organizations (FBOs), CBOs, and the for-profit business community, and senior members of the donor community; and
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
Method of Application
nterested and qualified candidates should e-mail a full CV detailing all relevant professional experience and achievements, a Cover Letter detailing qualifications in relation to the position, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the Job Title.
Note: Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Recent Jobs from Heartland Alliance
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Deputy Chief of Party Director (KP-Care I) at Heartland Alliance
- Director of Programs (KP-Care I) at Heartland Alliance
- Director of Finance and Operations (KP-Care I) at Heartland Alliance
- Director of Strategic Information (DSI) (KP-Care I) at Heartland Alliance
- Chief of Party (KP-Care II) at Heartland Alliance
- Deputy Chief of Party Director (KP-Care II) at Heartland Alliance
- Director of Finance and Operations (KP-Care II) at Heartland Alliance
- Director of Strategic Information (DSI) (KP-Care II) at Heartland Alliance
- Director of Programs (KP-Care II) at Heartland Alliance
- Know More About Heartland AllianceSimilar Jobs
- Social Cohesion Advisor (International) at Plan International
- Chief of Party, I- Small Town WASH at Catholic Relief Services
- National Humanitarian Civil-Military Coordination (CMCoord) Officer at United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs - UNOCHA
- Chief Technical Advisor - Rule of Law, Access to Justice, Security and Human Rights at UNDP
- Medical Director (Consultant) at Elkris Foods
- Water Officer at Solidarites International
- Pediatrician at Feetal Diagnosis Clinic
- Care Assistant at Alan & Grant