Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Information Technology Support Assistant (National Position)
Ref Id: 190000XM
- To provide technical IT support, first for the Maiduguri field office, and other SCI field offices. S/he will provide support for all needed IT services and act as a part of the SCI Nigeria IT team during an operation request.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: IT Officer
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
- Budget responsibility: None
Key Areas of Accountability
The Information Technology Support Assistant shall be accountable on the following key areas in Maiduguri and Damaturu field office of Save the Children International program in Nigeria:
- Provide second level troubleshooting and maintenance of network devices e.g. printers, scanners, etc.
- Maintain record of the local network, VPN connection and the wide area network installed and terminated in the Maiduguri Office.
- Assist the IT officer in configuring, and installing and setting up users on systems.
- Perform IT hardware inventory update as necessary.
- Set up projectors, printers, photocopiers, fax machines, digital cameras, etc. for everyday office use and as necessary for meetings, etc.
- Interface with vendors in the repairs of faulty equipment as needed.
- Prepare and submit payment vouchers, for use of internet by the office/guest house.
- Troubleshooting technical problems with mobile subscriptions and IP Phone.
- Ensure radio and satellite equipment is operational. Ensure satellite phones are working and SIM cards are activated at all times
- Support the IT Officer and the asset management team in ensuring good asset management at the office(s) he/she is supporting through maintenance of an accurate and up to date asset register and inventory tracking system.
- Providing first level IT helpdesk support in assigned field offices
- Travel to sub field offices for installations, troubleshooting and resolution of issues in said offices – as directed by the line manager.
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager.
Security and Backup:
- Support the IT Officer; keep the network and all computer systems safe, secure and virus-free.
- Report any alleged or suspected misuse of IT systems/equipment, lapses of security and major violations of organizational standards to the in country IT representative.
- Monitor the network – and by implication, all users – in order to ensure compliance of child safeguarding policies in Maiduguri Office.
- Internal: SCI Staff in Maiduguri Country Office and other SCI field office, Nigeria IT team
- External: IT hardware Contractors
Skills and Behaviours(our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
Skills and Experience
- At least 3 months working experience in a similar position.
- Proven knowledge of hardware maintenance and ability to solve simple hardware problems; this includes set-up and management of network devices e.g. printers, scanners, etc.
- Solid experience in maintaining, trouble-shooting and administering a Microsoft Windows-based (local area) network
- Solid background maintaining, trouble-shooting and administering a Microsoft Windows server 2008.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, including XP, Windows 2003, and Window 7, and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication, organisational skills, including the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously; have strong interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people.
- Level of Education – Degree in IT and related IT certifications.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level - Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Good
Prior Experience Expectations:
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 0
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.