Warehouse Assistant (National Position) at Save The Children
Posted on: 15 April, 2019
Deadline: 20 April, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Warehouse Assistant (National Position)
Ref Id: 190000XZ
- Under the supervision of the Warehouse Officer, deliver timely, effective and accountable logistics support to Save the Children warehouse functions: receiving and dispatch of goods to field locations and warehouse inventory tracking
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: Warehouse Officer
- Staff reporting to this post: None
- Budget Responsibilities: None.
- Role Dimensions: Provide support to line manager in stock movements.
Key Areas of Accountability
- To provide alternate and additional support to SCI warehouses in the response (general and medical).
- Supervise loading and offloading, including counting of items to be received or dispatched.
- Verify quantity (and quality when applicable) of stock during receipt and dispatch.
- Ensure all warehouse stock are properly arranged and grouped, based on instruction of supervisors.
- Produce documents for stock in and out when requested.
- Particpate in stock verification.
- Support stock transportation and distribution to the filed.
- Ensure warehouse cleanliness and support in keeping limited access to the warehouse for unauthorized person.
- Ensure under age children is not involve in any labor work in the warehouse.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Level of Education – Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Business Administration or Economics or relevant Social Science course
- Professional certification in Procurement, Warehouse Management an added advantage
Experience and Skills
- Must have completed NYSC
- Previous experience in similar responsibilities, preferably with NGO and/or UN agency.
- Experience in working together and supervise the work of casual workers in the warehouse.
- Knowledge of storage and physical arrangement of various shape and type of warehouse items.
- Highly flexible and ability to work in a team.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English and Hausa – Excellent
- Level of IT literacy Required – (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email system, Internet browsing) excellent
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 1
- Experience in procurement and logistics with INGO: Minimum 1 year
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environment
- Experience working with Save the children
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Save The Children
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Human Resources Officer (National position) at Save The Children
- Education Program Coordinator (National Position) at Save The Children
- Advocacy & Campaign Coordinator (National Position) at Save The Children
- Procurement Assistant (National Position) at Save The Children
- Information Technology Support Assistant (National Position) at Save The Children
- Know More About Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Store Keeper at CAT Construction Limited
- Procurement Manager at RusselSmith Group
- Materials Manager at Cedarcrest Hospitals
- Procurement Assistant - Readvertised at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Procurement and Logistics Manager at Save The Children
- Store-Keeper at SIMS Nigeria Limited
- Planning & Logistics Intern at Henkel
- Purchasing Manager (QSR) at Eat'N'Go Limited