ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor
Reporting to: Project Manager,Women’s Voice and Leadership (WVL-Nigeria) Prooject
- The post holder will provide technical support and guidance in meeting the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) requirements of the Women’s Voice and Leadership-Nigeria Projectat all levels.
- The MEL Advisor will also provide leadership, guidance and support to implementing partners on all M&E components of WVL-Nigeria.
- S/he will develop strategy and expertise on the results framework, key milestones, and monitoring and evaluation plan for the project.
- The M&E Advisor will also with support from the ActionAid Nigeria’sImpact Assessment and Shared Learning Manager ensure that the project team workis in compliance with the project’s M&E frameworks and systems.
- The project which has funding support from the Global Affairs Canada is a five-year project aimed at supporting the capacity and activities of local women’s organizations and movements seeking to empower women and girls, advance the protection of women’s and girls’ rights and achieve gender equality.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Work with the WVL-Nigeria project team to develop specific M&E framework for the project.
- Work with WVL-Nigeria project team to ensure M&E plan meets the projectlog frameindicators.
- Support and contribute to the development of innovative knowledge management systems and communication across the WVL-Nigeria project and other related projects.
- Supports M&E operations throughout the life of the WVL-Nigeria project.Meeting regularly with the WVL-NigeriaProject Manager, to troubleshoot problems, identify solutions and flag best practice.
- Actively promote and support shared learning at organisational and inter-organisational levels.
- Share and contribute to the development of innovative knowledge management and shared learning initiatives within the work streams of ActionAid Nigeria.
- Implementprogramme and organisation learning activities of AAN.
- Support Project Manager to produce reports in partnership with other members of the team.
- Support strengthening capacities for improving documentation, monitoring and learning across WVL-Nigeria downstream partners at states level.
- Support in the management and administration of the AAN Management Information System.
- Actively take part in the overall monitoring, impact assessment and shared learning procedure and strategy development of AAN.
- Assume any other responsibilities relevant to the position as assigned by the Project Manager WVL-Nigeria.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Entire AAN staff
- External: Donor, Partners, Community and other stakeholders.
- Essential: First degree in Arts/Humanities or Social Sciences.
- Desirable: Master’s degree in a relevant field
- At least five years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Extensive experience in feminist monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Excellent working knowledge of Data information systems as well as Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general)
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation skills and familiarity with the range of approaches and methods currently being deployed in the development sector with focus on feminist M&E
- Experience in the use of SPSS tool
- Experience in community-based work and use of various participatory M&E tools
- Experienceworking with international development organisations.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
- Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
- Excellent skills to motivate and inspire a functional team will be essential
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Highly numerate
- Experience in facilitating training/meetings
- Excellent Skills in Programme Information Management
- Team player, a personof integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Effectively promote the AAN’s mission values, and objectives
- Proven Leadership Qualitie
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae in one document and MSWord attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org Subject line of emails must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g.Education Project Coordinator, Breaking Barriers Project - Abuja
Click Here to Download Application Form (MSWord)
Click Here for More Information
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- Submitted applications for this position will be reviewed as received.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.