Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Technical Advisor, Program Implementation
Job ID: 13-10546
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A512 - Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: Project Director
- The CaTSS Program Implementation Advisor role is key in monitoring the project’s key activity implementation and ensuring congruence between the project’s budget, work plan and key indicators. The role becomes relevant in the extension period of the project where the project deliverables need to be tracked far more closely and ensure all contractual deliverables are met accordingly. The role will work very closely with the Project Director to advise on the implementation status of the project and progress on the planned versus actuals on the work plan, budget and key indicators.
- The role will therefore be required to generate financial and program performance reports, review contracts and grants, perform financial analysis and projections, and help spot variances in expenditure. S/he will develop and represent program implementation performance data to the various units of the project for project decision support. The Program Implementation Advisor will work with staff throughout the project and in other units like the M&E unit to assist with data validation and analysis to ensure the production of timely, accurate, insightful program and expenditure information for project management decision making.
- The Program Implementation Advisor will report to the Project Director and will work closely with the Director, Finance and Admin and all the Finance and Admin staff in all five state field offices.
- Assist all the units of the project to cost their work plans and consolidate into the organization’s annual budgeting system
- Review monthly financial reports and compare budgeted vs actual expenses; investigate reasons for variances between planned and actual expenses; advise the project on spending trends and gaps.
- Organize data and create clear and accurate presentations, including spreadsheets, graphics and accurate, insightful summary of project implementation progress.
- Support the Project Director and Director of Finance and Admin with the preparation of periodic financial reports to USAID.
- Oversees local processes for departmental review and coding of expense item; and educate staff regarding the budget process and financial management.
- Periodically analyse project expenditure by PEPFAR targets and goals
- Provide insights on project cost effectiveness.
- Support the M&E unit with data analyses and use for management decisions support
- And any other duties that may be assign to you
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with Business Management, Finance or Statistics and with at least four years of finance, budgetary, or operations experience.
- Understanding of non-profit costing and accounting principles.
- Oreintation to details and ability to work with financial and program data, spot trends, and ensure accuracy.
- Project management and analytical skills.
- A high degree of proficiency in MS Office suite, particularly Excel and any other Business Intelligence and data visualization applications.
- Experience with forecasting, budgeting and reporting software packages.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with enthusiasm for team approach and problem solving.
- Self-motivated, creative and attentive to details.
- Experience working with PEPFAR and USAID-funded HIV/AIDS projects is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated subject-matter expertise in technical content relevant to the project.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.