GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion business with an innovative spirit and entrepreneurial mindset, bringing together one of the broadest energy products and digital services portfolios in the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro and innovative technologies such as hybrid systems and concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy is working on new ways to power the world’s biggest economies and most remote communities.
Senior Staff Technical Program Manager
Job ID: 3259081
Job Function: Digital Technology
Business Segment: Power Headquarters
- The Senior Staff Technical Program Manager, reporting to Sr/Director of IT Business Transformation, will serve as the IT lead for Sub Saharan Africa Power Services and Gas Power Systems (GPS).
- He/She will be responsible for program management, change management, last-mile deployment, and region local solutioning.
- The program manager will partner with regions’ technology pillars (analytics/data and IT Ops) to ensure local solutioning meeting business outcome and operating needs.
- The program manager will partner closely with regions functions, including sales, project installations, Quality, ITO & OTR, FieldCore, etc, to ensure SSA IT programs are aligned to region’s growth plan and cost-out/cost-avoidance targets
- The program manager will also act as SSA region’s process SME to global IT vertical COEs for both GPS and Power Services
The key responsibilities are:
- Responsible for all last-mile programs IT success & executions for SSA, including ERP and enterprise systems, and local solutioning
- Ensure all IT system and data/analytics are rolled out sustainably for both long terms and short terms
- Region’s SME expert for Power Services and GPS regional process and local configurations
- Be familiar with SSA GPS and Power Services business models and country dynamics, to lay out IT programs aligned to P&L business outcome (growth, costs, etc)
- Responsible for simplification outcome, from process, systems and data perspectives, across all SSA region functions
- Define programs (either leverage global platforms or region’s innovated platforms), to drive CoPQ along with Quality and functions
- BS, BA, MS and/or MBA in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology, with 7+ years of experience in the relevant field, 4+ years of program management and software management, and 2+ years of managing executive stakeholders and client management or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Proven track record of leading programs, facilitating workouts, and managing program outcome success and executions
- Ability to work across matrixed structure, and influence stakeholders and key users, across ITO and OTR functions
- Strong communication skills and inclusiveness with functions and IT
- Proven as a change agent & have ability to think outside of BOX
- Cultural awareness & sensitivity:
- Ability to flex style to suit differing cultural norms
- Demonstrated organizational skills, high standard of accuracy, attention to detail, and excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels in the organizations, including senior leadership
- Ability to propose solutions that solve business challenges and IT roadblocks. Not Afraid of raising voices, when needed
- Effective interpersonal & strong influencing skills
- In Nigeria: a valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- In Nigeria: must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- In countries other than Nigeria: must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- GE Power Services or Gas experience preferred
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.