Integrated Planning and Strategy Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Posted on: 13 March, 2019
Deadline: 22 March, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation.
Integrated Planning and Strategy Lead
Ref Id: 103259BR
Skillpool: Project Services
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop the fully integrated level 3 schedule including the commissioning and start up activities and ensure completeness of the development of the activities, logic, key interface activities with resource loading following the applicable Project Guides.
- Test the level 3 Schedule for ‘What If’ scenarios and fully risk and manage with Cost and Schedule Risk Analysis (CSRA) to arrive at a fully aligned realistic probabilistic ranges, and manage the required assurance process for Group Investment Proposal (GIP).
- Ensure the project level 3 execution schedule is fully tested, analysed and subjected to both internal and external benchmarking processes (e.g. IPA).
- Develop and Maintain effective and robust Progress Monitoring System to monitor and manage Define Phase activities and bring the team together and focused to accomplish successful Final Investment Decision (FID).
- Provide strategic analysis and normalisation of the large amount of bidder’s execution schedules and their assumptions / qualification / productivities/capacities to accomplish technical evaluation of the bids.
- Support the evaluation of high complexity and multiple EPC contracts of high values and thereby establish a fully risked and assured Level 3 Integrated Execution Schedule for Group Investment Proposal.
- Coordinate project plans emanating from different contract packages and meld them into a coherent and detailed project plan for management reporting and intervention.
- Develop and Assure the Project Control sections of Contract documents upon award of the various EPC contracts.
- Comply with Company Life Saving Rules and all relevant HSSE Rules and Regulations, Business Ethics, Compliance and Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC) rules.
- Comply with Project Services standards, guides and Project Services management manual.
- Consistently engage Technical Authorities (TA) and ensure the schedule is fully assured (TA approved) and incorporate best practices/lesson learned from similar complex projects.
- Constructively challenge and add value/earn respect of Project Team Members & Leadership to ensure project plans are realistic, yet challenging and credible.
- Establish consistency between the Level 3 Schedule and Level 3 Cost Estimate throughout Define Phase towards a successful FID.
- Develop the Project Service Project Controls And Assurance Plan (PCAP) deliverables such as Project Schedule Basis Report, Project Control Report, etc.
- Understand local content risks and incorporate any impacts to the schedule.
- Assess productivity norms and benchmarking data for in-country project activities and other global locations.
- Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports. Conduct the integrated schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses including any impact from interface areas to Project Leadership Team including reporting early warnings.
- Assess the impact of Management of Change (MOCs) proposals and identify alternate approaches to optimise plans.
- Develop and Assure the Project Control sections of Contract documents upon the award of various EPC contracts.
- Maintain effective interfaces and good working relationships with other internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Support the Project Services Manager to develop the structure and framework for setting up a strong Execute Phase team.
Qualifications & Experience
- The BSWA Integrated Planning and Strategy Lead shall have an Engineering degree and worked as a Planning Engineer at Lead Role Capacity with minimum of 15 years industry experience in planning in the Oil & Gas industry including Five (5) + years in management/leadership of experienced planning teams and working seamlessly with Cost Estimates/Cost Control/Risk Management Professionals.
He/She must meet the following requirements:
- An accredited Project Services Professional Level 2 or equivalent international project planning and control assessment.
- Have an understanding of deepwater developments and projects delivery in a challenging environment.
- Fully versed with Planning principles and techniques and Primavera P6, and have project execution practical experience (e.g. engineering, controls, C&P, construction).
- Fully conversant with various assurance processes such Cost & Schedule Risk Assessment, Value Assurance Reviews, Estimate & Schedule Assurance Reviews, etc in the Define Phase.
- Must be confident and able to establish credibility with staff, peers, Global Discipline Head, Technical Authorities and Project Leadership Team.
- Have proven interpersonal and relationship skills in complex environments with ability to work with personnel of diverse background.
- Able to work with, and influence multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams. Maintain composure under pressure.
- Able to develop team members and other less experienced professionals through coaching and training.
- Experience in or with NOVs, JVs and NOCs and/or execution in remote/developing locations will be an advantage.
- Able to support a complex mega project team spread across various geographical locations via virtual working.
- Be proactive, collaborative and adapt to ways of working in a complex deepwater project to ensure collective ownership of an outcome developed towards meeting a project intent.
- Demonstrates high level of personal integrity, with ability to maintain confidentiality in delivering standard, consistent and robust cost management frameworks and procedures to a project in a dynamic environment.
- Able to think strategically and adapt to new ways of working.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested applicants should not apply for more than one of the roles advertised in the website. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the applicant's applications.
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Recent Jobs from Shell Petroleum Development Company
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- BSWA Construction Lead-FPSO at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- BSWA Commissioning and Start-up Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Materials and Corrosion Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Project Control and Performance Assurance at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Flow Assurance Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- SURF Supply Chain Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- FPSO Supply Chain Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Subsea Systems Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Distribution Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Subsea Controls Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Estimating and Assurance Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Process Engineering Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Operations Readiness/Commissioning and Start-up Manager at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Supply Chain Lead - Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Know More About Shell Petroleum Development CompanySimilar Jobs
- Assistant Chief Engineer at Radisson Blu Hotels
- Lifting and Hoisting Person In-charge (Oil and Gas Equipment and Materials) at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Senior Technical Officer (HVAC) at Willers Solutions
- Commissioning Engineer (Oil and Gas Pipeline and Facilities) at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Commissioning Manager (Oil and Gas Pipeline and Facilities) at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Mechanical Works Construction Manager (Oil and Gas Pipeline and Facilities) at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Civil Works Construction Manager (Oil and Gas Pipeline and Facilities) at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Facility and Stores Assistant at IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture