Principal Materials and Corrosion Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Posted on: 13 March, 2019
Deadline: 22 March, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation.
Principal Materials and Corrosion Engineer
Ref Id: 103278BR
Skillpool: Project Services
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive the implementation of Materials, Corrosion and Integrity (MCI) requirements in the design, fabrication, testing, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning of a large and complex deepwater project. Ensure the final products delivered meets the MCI requirements as well as the project scope of work and specifications.
- Lead the MCI activities during tendering, detail design, fabrication, testing, installation, and support the commissioning in accordance with Company policies and standards.
- Address MCI related technical queries and clarification questions from vendors, support the development of technical evaluation criteria and the technical evaluation of the bids.
- Set up and manage appropriate systems required to assure integrity of the Subsea, Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines (SURF) scope.
- Ensure that all deliverables as defined in the project controls and assurance plan are completed successfully.
- Drive the materials selection, development of corrosion management strategy and development of inspection plans and work packs for the project.
- Drive the identification, maturation and deployment of value adding new MCI related technologies and innovations to optimise the SURF scope. Support the testing and qualification of these new technologies.
- Drive the in-country testing of materials.
- Contribute to the development of fit for purpose quality plan and Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) including materials management procedure for the Project.
- Drive the identification and lateral application of MCI related learnings from other projects.
- Provide mentorship and coaching of less experienced staff.
- Contribute to the management of change process to ensure technical integrity, efficiency, and safety of facilities.
- Liaise with the broader materials and corrosion organisation within Company both locally and globally to ensure up-to-date tools and strategies are applied in the management of materials and corrosion on the project.
- Provide authentic and visible leadership in the areas of HSSE, diversity, interpersonal and technical skills development, and cost leadership.
Qualifications & Experience
- The Principal Materials and Corrosion Engineer - SURF shall have minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent (preferably Materials and Metallurgy) with at least 12 years of experience in upstream Exploration and Production (EP) projects with emphasis on Design and Execution in deepwater environment.
- At least 10 years experience directly related to materials and corrosion.
He/She shall meet the following requirements;
- A COREN registered or registerable engineer
- Technical Professional with good knowledge of deepwater subsea & pipelines design, fabrication, installation and commissioning and should have played a key role in the delivery of at least one major deepwater project involving subsea infrastructure design and installation.
- Able to provide in-depth materials and corrosion expertise required for the design, fabrication, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning of subsea and pipeline systems.
- Able to work within and interface with mixed teams of professionals located globally.
- Have excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Previous experience in working with the Nigerian Welding Society will be an advantage.
- Previous experience in testing of materials in-country will be an advantage.
- Team player, self-motivated, with coaching skills, persistence, and with ability to think outside- the-box.
- Visibly demonstrates personal and company HSE commitment.
- Demonstrates capability to proactively implement plans and follow through with sustained execution, meeting project milestones.
- Values and is open to listening to stakeholder perspectives, including experience managing multiple stakeholders and host government agencies.
- Able to maintain composure under pressure while providing clear and decisive leadership
- Able to deal with multiple, often conflicting, goals and priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to influence and develop relationships across disciplines and multiple cultures, be comfortable coaching and motivating others, and delivering through others.
- Able to identify opportunities for optimising SURF systems designs, reducing operating costs (e.g. reducing chemical injection rates) and proposing technically robust solutions to deliver value.
- Familiar with project development challenges in Nigeria or in other regions with similar challenges.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested applicants should not apply for more than one of the roles advertised in the website. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the applicant's applications.
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Recent Jobs from Shell Petroleum Development Company
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- BSWA Construction Lead-FPSO at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- BSWA Commissioning and Start-up Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Project Control and Performance Assurance at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Flow Assurance Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- SURF Supply Chain Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- FPSO Supply Chain Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Subsea Systems Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Distribution Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Subsea Controls Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Estimating and Assurance Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Integrated Planning and Strategy Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Process Engineering Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Operations Readiness/Commissioning and Start-up Manager at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Supply Chain Lead - Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Know More About Shell Petroleum Development CompanySimilar Jobs
- Trainee Service Engineer at BAUN Limited
- Lead On Site Mechanical Engineer at Baker Hughes
- Lead On Site Controls Engineer at Baker Hughes
- Management Trainee at Omar Gardens Floral Company
- Control Engineer Trainee at Baker Hughes
- HVAC Mechanical Supervisor - Split Unit (M/F) at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- HVAC Mechanical Supervisor – Package (M/F) at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Housing Technical Support Officer at ACCION Microfinance Bank