Pipeline Methods Installation Engineer at Subsea 7
Posted on: 7 March, 2019
Deadline: 31 March, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Subsea 7
Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
Pipeline Methods Installation Engineer
Vacancy ref: 61241
Reporting to: Pipeline Installation Lead Engineer Methods
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Staff
Languages in which you may apply: English
Description of Role
- The Installation Senior Methods Engineer - Pipeline Group role incorporates the full installation process from the procedure preparation up to the following of offshore operation.
- She/he is responsible for delivering fit for purpose rigid pipeline installation engineering on projects or tenders with specific focus on safe and cost effective installation operations.
- She/He can be in charge of a team of installation engineers, dealing with different pipeline installation methods (S&J Lay) for a package on project or tender.
- She/he is responsible to the installation engineering Lead – Pipeline Group, Engineering Package Lead - Pipeline Group for the efficient day-to-day management of the installation engineering team and provide regular operational reports on general project engineering activities, technical subject matters and resource management.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Technical reference for pipeline installation, contribute to the subcontractors selection
- Involved in the conceptual studies
- Performs installation procedures
- Ensures that installation procedures and associated calculations are in line
- Ensures that specifications and norms related to the project are respected
- Provides support to offshore operations with possible short periods offshore or on yard
- Manage technically an engineering team within projects/tenders
- Accountable for planning of the scope of her/his team
- Manage delegated external (clients, subcontractors) and internal interfaces (other disciplines, installation, SCM),
- Participates actively to engineers training and development,
- Participates actively to the PG department know-how consolidation,
- Proposes innovative solutions allowing cost & risks reduction.
- Operate within the Code of Conduct
- Support standards and procedures for the Engineering and Operations Functions.
- 5 to 10 years of Experience on Pipeline installation. Not More Than 15 years experience.
- Should have related work experience in EPCI industry.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: This Role Profile outlines the main areas of responsibility; however the role holder may be required to perform any other necessary duties within their experience and capabilities from time to time.
- Recent Jobs from Subsea 7
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Pipeline Installation Engineer - Analysis at Subsea 7