Financial Controller at Health Plus Limited
Posted on: 11 February, 2019
Deadline: 4 April, 2019
View Jobs in Pharmaceuticals
View All Jobs at Health Plus Limited
HealthPlus Limited - Our sister company, CasaBella Beauty, is a one-stop store for beauty and grooming solutions for men and women. CasaBella International was incorporated in 2008 and became the exclusive distributor for Revlon in Nigeria. The first CasaBella store opened in Lagos in 2010 and today, CasaBella Beauty is the fastest-growing retailer of beauty supplies in West Africa.
Reference No: HP/FIN/FC
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract Type: Permanent
- We are seeking a Financial Controller to join our growing team.
- The Financial Controller will be responsible for the efforts and results of the finance department.
- He/she will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in regards to all financial and accounting activities.
- Overseeing the finance department’s staff in day-to-day operations.
- Accounting, Administration, Auditing, Banking, Data Analysis, Finance, Management, Retail
- Accounting,Accounting & Auditing,Bookkeeping,Distribution, Warehousing & Freight,Ecommerce,Financial Services,Fmcg (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector),Food & Beverages,Freight / Shipping / Transport / Import / Export,Health / Fitness / Beauty,Healthcare,Hotel / Catering / Hospitality / Leisure,Management Consulting,Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene,Procurement & Purchasing,Retail
Key elements of the role:
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Manage the Finance team, ensuring a timely and accurate monthly close process in accordance with approved accounting reporting standards
- Review and manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the department, including the design of a structure that is adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of three sales channels - retail, wholesale and ecommerce; specifically analyze and review the control systems, transaction-processing operations, monthly cost center closings, and accounting policies and procedures
- Monitor the cash flow position throughout the company, understand the sources and uses of cash, and provide insight to management on cash flow projections
- Understand and monitor all of the company’s liabilities
- Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
- Setup a Cost Center budgeting system
- Prepare the annual corporate budget(s).
- Implementation of budgeting & budgetary controls at all levels and across all operations of the Organization
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare monthly forecast update, primarily by working closely with department heads in forecasting their department’s overheads.
- Assure accuracy and timely recording of all transactions
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensure that daily, weekly and monthly bank reconciliations are completed
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Prepare and review general ledger activities, journal entries and accruals
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Prepare monthly reports, including comparative reports of operations results, financial position and variance explanations
- Prepare the annual budget and financial forecasts to Executive Management
- Auditing and reconciliation of Inventory and Fixed Assets
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to Management on a monthly basis
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Additional controller duties as necessary
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields
- Relevant Master's Degree
- Must be ICAN/ACCA certified
- Ability to effectively train and develop Finance and Accounting Personnel
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and High attention to detail
- Strong time management, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills to operate in a demanding, multi-tasking environment
- Interest in providing financial analyses and enjoy working on a diversity of accounting and finance issues
- Excellent knowledge in Excel
- Ability to identify and communicate issues with Senior Management.
21st May, 2019.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Health Plus Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Healthcare Assistant at Health Plus Limited
- Pharmacist at Health Plus Limited
- Manager - Digital, Internal Communication and PR at Health Plus Limited
- Know More About Health Plus LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Internal Auditor at Montaigne Place
- Healthcare Financing & Advocacy Coordinator at Save The Children
- Head of Finance (Group) at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Head, Internal Control at Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting
- Internal Auditor at Townserve Microfinance Bank Limited
- Accountant at Montaigne Place
- Income Auditor at Startup Jobs
- Head of Finance at Westfield Consulting