Abt Associates - The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance - as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Driver - SHOPS Plus
- Abt Associates seeks a Driver to support a family planning project under SHOPS Plus. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health. The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas. In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate public and private providers to scale up family planning, including Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs) in Oyo and Akwa Ibom States.
- The Driver will be responsible for operating a passenger motor vehicle in compliance with national rules and regulations on road usage and in accordance with State Coordinator’s instructions to transport project personnel and official visitors within the city and surrounding area and travel to other cities as needed.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain vehicle in clean and serviceable condition and performs minor maintenance of a preventative nature.
- Ensure appropriate materials such as firstaid box and other accessories and available in vehicle and well maintained
- Complete trip tickets or other daily vehicle records
- May be assigned to drive the head of the project or VIP visitors for a portion of the time
- May deliver documents and conduct general business on behalf of the company including basic negotiation skills.
- Support the project office by performing general service tasks, repairs, deliveries, etc.
- Any other task as may be required
Preferred Skills / Prerequsites
- At least a Senior Secondary School certificate
- A valid driver’s license
- One year of commercial driving experience
- Ability to communicate in English is required
- Must provide good reference of good conduct and behavior from previous employer
- High school (desirable), valid driver’s license, plus 6 months commercial driving experience
Location: Akwa Ibom Application Link
Location: Oyo Application Link