Senior Portfolio Manager - Equities at Pal Pensions
Posted on: 15 January, 2019
Deadline: 18 January, 2019
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Pal Pensions
Pensions Alliance Limited (PAL Pensions) is a licensed Pension Fund Administrator with over 10 years of professional experience in Pension Funds Administration. We were incorporated on April 14, 2005 to manage and administer retirement savings contributions of employees in Nigeria as a result of the Pension Reform Act of 2004.
Senior Portfolio Manager - Equities
- The Portfolio Manager is responsible for the strategic and tactical management of all investment funds managed by the Company.
- The portfolio manager is expected to develop strategic and tactical asset allocation strategies in line with stated investment objectives of our various funds and consistently apply a disciplined risk management framework.
- Investment Management and Trading (specializing in Equities).
- Oversee the daily management of the fund portfolios consistent with their respective investment objectives
- Make investment decisions and optimize structure of all portfolios to achieve target returns and minimize risk and volatility
- Identify, develop and implement new investment opportunities and trading ideas across asset classes
- Explore, develop and implement equity and fixed income trading strategies to effectively hedge and optimize portfolio returns
- Monitor capital market developments and conduct investment related research in order to develop and support investment thesis
- Perform due diligence and exploratory analysis/research in emerging asset classes (Real Estate, Private Equity, Infrastructure etc.)
- Develop financial and quantitative models to measure investment decisions including relative value analysis, risk analysis and performance measurement
- Collaborate with relevant business units to support strategic initiatives; fund pricing, evaluating new transactions, company capital and reserve management etc.
- Support the Head, Investment Management in developing research material and database for industry advocacy work and presentations to external parties
- A minimum of second class (Honours) lower division in Economics, Finance, or Business related discipline
- Minimum of Eight (8) years’ relevant working experience in Research, Investment Management and Trading (specializing in Equities)
- Qualified Chartered Financial Analyst or a registered student for the CFA exams
- Proficiency in the use of Bloomberg is essential.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and modeling skills
- Effective communicator, coordinator and thought-partner; comfortable and effective partnering with senior level executive team and external parties with experience presenting market commentary, investment ideas and results
- Open-minded, innovative, and strategic thinker
- Competence and ability to assume leadership of the department in the absence of the head
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV/Resume to: email@example.com indicating the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Know More About Pal PensionsSimilar Jobs
- Chief Investment Officer at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Collection Officer at Transsnet Financial
- Total Young Graduate Programme (YGP) at TOTAL
- Accountant at Creative Associates International
- All On Investment Analyst at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Project Accountant at SOS Children Villages
- Accountant at Efficacy Construction Company
- Head, Financial Services Division at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)