The European Centre for Electoral Support (ECES) is a non-profit private foundation headquartered in Brussels a global remit. ECES promotes sustainable democratic development through the provision of advisory services and operational support in favour of all electoral stakeholders, including electoral management bodies, civil society organizations dealing with civic & voter education and election observation, political parties and parliaments dealing with electoral reforms, media, security forces and legal institutions dealing to electoral dispute resolutions.
Reports to: Head of Finance and Administration
Duration: 6 months
- The project PEV-EDI - Nigeria, Prevention Elections Violence and Education for Inclusion in Nigeria seeks to complement the efforts of the Nigerian Government and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to improve and strengthen an inclusive Democracy especially with regards to the 2019 general elections.
- Nigeria has witnessed a steady consolidation of Democratic rule since 1999. Conscious efforts are being made to improve the electoral process. However, some challenges still confront the 2019 general elections. These include unhealthy political rivalry, escalation of ethnic cleavages, lack of regulatory framework and political competitions. The inclusivity of the electoral process remains a major and recurring challenge that has consistently limited the political space for marginalized groups such as women, youth, Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) and People Living with Disabilities (PWDs).
- The project contributes to the reinforcement of initiatives on inclusivity as the need to promote inclusion in the Nigeria’s electoral system has been the concern of government, electoral stakeholders and development partners.
- ECES through its methodology of Electoral Political Economy Analysis, will adopt a multidimensional gender strategy that engenders Men and Women, as more multi-facetted than being one homogenous group.
Functions / Key Results Expected
The logistic Officer Under the supervision of the head of Finance and Administration will have the following specific responsibilities and will provide the following deliverables:
- Set up and maintain a database of local suppliers, detailing criteria of quality, price, service, ethics etc.
- Liaise with the project coordinator to define criteria before requests for quotations are sent out.
- Undertake quotations / offers or launch Calls for Tender according to the donor requirements.
- Liaise with the finance assistant to ensure that procurement procedures respects the donor rules.
- Check the condition and nature of goods received as required by the contracts.
- Liaise with the Administrative assistant to establish tools for stock management, stock movements and distributions of goods in the framework of project implementation.
- Undertake periodic inventories.
- Maintain safe working environments at the project Office.
- Ensure the booking of flights tickets, hotels and transportation for the project guests.
- Manage the office car.
- Implement additional tasks as demended by the Project Coordinator and the Head of Administrative and Finance at ECES HQ. C. VALUES
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of the ECES;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling ECES’ values and ethical standards.
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in administrative and logistics functions;
- Previous experiences in administrative position within not for profit organizations and/or international organizations;
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications is a must;
- Good interpersonal skills and result orientation;
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to perform effectively under high pressure, hardship conditions.
- Experience in management of EU funding project
- Excellent working level of English language in both writing and speaking.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Applications should consist of two separated documents:
- A motivational Letter of maximum one page
- CV of Maximum of three pages
- No further documents are required at this stage
- Save the document as CV_Surname-Name-MM.YYYY
- Applications will be considered on rolling basics