Lead Engineer - Service Engineering at Baker Hughes
Posted on: 14 January, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
Lead Engineer - Service Engineering
Ref Id: 3219842
Location(s): Onne - Rivers, Lagos
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
- A Lead Engineer within the Services Engineering team must be able to interpret a customer's specification/requirements to produce a practical and cost effective design/solution to meet the design or maintenance requirements.
- This role will also have additional responsibility for the day to day running of a small team of engineers within the Onne facility.
- This will involve supervising less experienced engineers and helping to develop them through coaching and mentoring.
- Interpret customer specifications and identify equipment required to satisfy specifications.
- Ensure that equipment is designed in accordance with current HSE legislation.
- Prepare and approve factory acceptance test procedures, Operational & Maintenance procedures and inspection/ test reports.
- Undertake design verification, which may include but not limited to: risk analysis, failure analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Design Reviews, Design Calculations to establish a full Design Verification Package (DVP) to satisfy the verification plan.
- Ensure DVP has third party or independent review.
- Check and approve layout and detail drawings. Review/disposition survey reports.
- Establish repair practices and engineering repair workscopes.
- Adhere to and meet work schedules and control Engineering team output.Liaise with Onne Sales and Manufacturing departments and provide technical support as required.
- Provide field support as required for operational matters.
- Provide engineering support for the service of installed Subsea Production Equipment (SSPE) and provide options for customers on refurbishment/ repair of products.
- Ensure all work is conducted with integrity and in an environmentally and safe manner.
- Prepare and report out on weekly engineering metrics.
- Suggest ongoing improvement developments to enhance team performance.
- Work with direct management to continually develop team members.
- B.Eng Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of materials, welding and heat treatment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards and design codes.
- Knowledge of Engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques.
- Have a working knowledge of systems, procedures and other departments within the company.
- Desire to provide world class service to customers by working with the greater Onne BHGE team.
- Solid Oil & Gas industry knowledge.
- Fully proficient with ePIMS database Knowledge and experience pertaining to the following would be advantageous:Strong SSPE product line knowledge.
- Knowledge of service maintenance procedures & processes.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Baker Hughes
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Integrated Services Solutions Support Engineer - SSA at Baker Hughes
- Know More About Baker HughesSimilar Jobs
- Lead Production Engineer at ValueFronteira Limited
- Facility Manager at Access Solutions
- Completions Engineer III at Sellafield Energy
- Drilling Engineer/Specialist III at Sellafield Energy
- NYSC Placement at Sellafield Energy
- Maintenance Technician at Food Concepts Plc
- Contract Bidding Specialist at ZOCODE Limited
- Coiled Tubing & Pumping Field Supervision (M/F) at SPIE Oil & Gas Services