Business Development Manager at School Kits Limited
Posted on: 11 January, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Sales / Retail
View All Jobs at School Kits Limited
School Kits Limited is a leading professional school outfitting firm and a one-stop shop for a wide range of requirements for students from pre-school age through the secondary (High) school age. We are passionate about providing value to schools and parents hence we strive to deliver quality, flexibility and affordability on school supplies.
School Kits Limited commenced business in 2000 and has experienced significant growth for the years becoming a credible brand within the school supply industry in Nigeria. Our competence and credibility can be attested by many satisfied School clients from start-ups schools to well-established institutions as listed in our portfolio.
The company is stirred by a sound and innovative management team along with over 20 young and vibrant members of staff spread across 5 locations in Lagos and Abuja.
Business Development Manager
Required Experience - Minimum of 4 years
Qualification - BSC/ MSc in relevant field
Location - Lagos, Port- Harcourt and Ibadan
Overall scope of the job:
- Developing a growth strategy for the Company– This strategy would be focused on increasing MH and SKL market share in your region, ensure customer satisfaction and profit for the business
- Identifying and Engaging prospects, follow up on business opportunities and set meetings
- Initiating and maintaining profitable relationships with new/ existing customers
- Introducing new/ existing products to prospective MH clients
- Developing and Reviewing marketing materials for the Marketing/Sales department
- Writing reports on trends in the industries we operate - Education, Retail and Textile- and ensure Management is properly informed.
- Negotiating contracts, initiating proposals, and closing deals
- Preparing presentations
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events (Market Knowledge)
- Proficiency in QuickBooks usage for Sales orders’ processes and analysis
- Socially adept
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Prioritizing obligations
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Good with numbers
1. Business Development Strategy
- You will prospect for potential new SKL clients and convert into increased business in the region of operation.
- You will design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure SKL strong presence in your region.
- You will make cold calls within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- You will meet with potential customers by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- You will identify potential customers and the decision makers within the client organization and set up meetings with the customer decision makers.
- You will research and build relationships with new customers for SKL within your region.
- You will work with the Global Head of Marketing and Sales to develop proposals that speak to SKL customer’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- You will negotiate and advise on pricing for SKL’s customer requests.
2. Client Retention
- You will present new products- MHS brand- and other services such as the retail partnership for schools, thus, building new and enhancing existing relationships.
- You will work with the Procurement and Store teams to ensure customer orders are met.
- You will follow- up with customers on order delivered to ensure satisfaction.
3. Business Development Planning
- You will attend industry functions, such as exhibitions, conferences, school fun fair, inter-house sport activities, workshops, events and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- You will present to and consult with the Senior Management of SKL on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- You will identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, you will identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
4. Management and Research
- You are required to submit weekly progress reports and ensure all data reported are accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- You will track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet set targets.
- You will work with marketing staff within your team to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- You will ensure all Abuja Sales team members represent the company in the best light.
- You will be required to understand the company’s vision and mission to ensure continued performance.
- You will oversee regional and local sales operations.
- You will identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competitors’ status
- You will achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the Abuja Regional Sales team
- You will build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with customers and understanding their needs.
- You will assign sales territories, set sales goals, and establish training programs for the organization’s sales representatives.
- You will record sales information and maintain customers’ records at the Abuja Regional Office.
- REPORTING LINE:
- You will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Global Head, Marketing and Sales.
Method of Application
Applicants should send Cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recent Jobs from School Kits Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Business Development Executive at School Kits Limited
- Know More About School Kits LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Sales Representative – Animal Feed, Concentrate and DOCs at AMO Group
- Marketing Manager at Carlcare Development
- Marketing Officer at Apata & Ascott Limited
- Sales Executive (Hosting) at Internet Solutions
- Business Development Manager at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Business Development Executive at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Bike Sales Rider at Ascentech Services Limited
- Client Relations and Marketing Officer at Dillon Consultant Nigeria Limited