Dentist at eHealth Systems Africa
Posted on: 10 January, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at eHealth Systems Africa
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
Purpose of the position
- The Dentist will perform general clinical dentistry procedures such as exams, direct and indirect restorative work, tooth extractions and any other dental procedures.
- S/he will also provide endodontic care, perform crown and bridge procedures and provide fixed and removable prosthodontics care.
What you’ll do
The Dentist will support EHA clinics predominantly by:
- Meeting with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns, performing regular cleanings and other preventative procedures, and establish a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Performing dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling cavities.
- Correcting bite issues and overcrowding.
- Applying helpful agents to teeth, such as sealants or whiteners.
- Prescribing medications for dental problems, such as pain medications or antibiotics.
- Giving clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to administering treatments.
- Ordering diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models, etc.
- Using tools, such as drills, probes, brushes, or mirrors, to examine and treat teeth and mouth.
- Keeping records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them.
- Managing and communicating with other staff members to provide care to patients.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Doctor of Dental Surgery or Dental Medicine degree.
- Possessing a certified and valid license with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) from a recognized institution and must have completed one year National Service (NYSC) or duly exempted.
- Five(5) years experience
- Strong computer skills and experience with healthcare databases and applications.
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, and federal laws regarding dental and health care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to keep detailed records.
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental procedures, tools, and diagnostics.
- Good management skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Google Office Suite and other medical software.
- Compassionate and sensitive to patients’ needs and concerns
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. EHA Clinics is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from eHealth Systems Africa
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Secretary to the Incident Manager at eHealth Systems Africa
- Ophthalmologist at eHealth Systems Africa
- Dietitian at eHealth Systems Africa
- General Physician at eHealth Systems Africa
- Optometrist at eHealth Systems Africa
- Radiologist at eHealth Systems Africa
- Physiotherapist at eHealth Systems Africa
- Radiographer at eHealth Systems Africa
- Know More About eHealth Systems AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Medical Doctor at Greenfield Health Management Limited
- Director - University Health Service at UNI IBADAN
- Technical Advisor, Health Financing (Insurance Integration) at Palladium Group
- Technical Advisor, Health Financing (DRM and PFM activities) at Palladium Group
- Consultant-Development of Human Resource for Health Policy and Strategy at Palladium Group
- State Coordinator at Palladium Group
- Senior Public Financial Management (PFM) Consultant - Lagos at Palladium Group
- State Coordinator at Palladium Group