- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Programmer at Sahara Group
Posted on: 7 January, 2019
Deadline: 25 January, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Sahara Group
Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
Job Grade: Supervisor
Reports to: Head, Business Innovation
- To perform frequent, repeatable operational reporting, testing and technical maintenance activities in order to support the Business continuously without interruption and negative impact on service delivery.
- The Programmer will employ creative imagination, modeling and information engineering to develop a system that satisfies both management and end-users in the most cost-effective and efficient way possible.. He/she also debugs the system and ensures that it is error-free.
- Establish a detailed program specification through discussion with clients
- Clarify what actions the program is intended to perform
- Simplify specification into its basic elements and translating this logic into a programming language
- Devise possible solutions to anticipated problems
- Working as part of a team, which may be established purely for a particular project to write a specific section of the program
- Combine all elements of the program design and testing it
- Provide ideas to better optimize existing/developed applications
- Test sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended
- Conduct testing and installing the program into production & deploy of application into client’s environment (excluding hosted apps)
- React to problems and correct the program as necessary
- Evaluate and increase the program's effectiveness
- Adapt the program to new requirements, as necessary
- Conduct user-acceptance testing to ensure the program can be used easily, quickly and accurately (well documented test reports)
- Write detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer operators
- Consult manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge
- Update, repair, modify existing software and generic applications(bug fixing)
- identify creative solution to enhance Sahara’s businesses and assist in other duties as needed and directed
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- A working knowledge of Java, C++ and C#
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Skill for writing reusable code libraries
- Possess a firm grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful API development and web security
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
Minimum Qualification/ Experience:
- A degree from a reputable University (Minimum Second Class Upper).
- An Electrical Electronics/Computer Engineering bias will be an added advantage
- 2-4 years application development experience
- Experience building and integrating applications
- Experience with test-driven development
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced,& dynamic environment.
- Candidate must be a strong communicator with ability to connect with people at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills,
- Knowledge of current technologies
- Candidate must be hardworking and one who thinks “out of the box”
- Candidate must be a self-starter and a team player with a proactive approach to work.
- Candidate must be ambitious with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Candidate must be assertive.
- Board of Directors
- Managing Directors
- Group Human Resources
- Line Manager
- All staff
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recent Jobs from Sahara Group
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Business Technology Analyst at Sahara Group
- IT Desktop Support Analyst at Sahara Group
- Know More About Sahara GroupSimilar Jobs
- Software Development Learning Facilitator, Bootcamp at Andela
- Xamarin Developer at Chukolo
- System/Network Engineer at Netcom Africa
- Computer Operator - C2 at Nigerian Navy
- ICT Officer - C3 at Nigerian Navy
- Database Analyst at Nextier Capital Limited
- Web Designer and UI/UX Designer at McOlay Concepts International
- Graduate/NYSC Intern(Networks and Systems) at Maurice Xandra Solutions