Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Value Added Services (VAS) Manager
- This role is will manage the overall development of VAS products strategy, plan, and road map that drive VAS products revenue and support VAS products performance for individual and corporate customers.
In particular, you will:
- Take ownership of VAS products including elaborating on the product value proposition, target market, application scenarios, key differentiators and USPs, benchmarking, trends and vision
- Drive the product development for digital services such as customer loyalty, vouchers & gift cards, logistics subscription fee etc.
- Use market gap analysis and segmentation data to identify opportunities for additional products and services. Present compelling business cases for new products, demonstrating return on investment
- Work with all relevant stakeholder in the definition, impact assessments and development of new products. Stakeholders include but are not limited to Commercial, Marketing, BI and Logistics, Content and Finance
- Support in customer meetings and workshops, demonstrating products and consulting on VAS capabilities and best practices
- Manage each in-life products and services on a profit and loss account basis, using financial performance data to make individual product investment and withdrawal decisions, proposing and implementing changes required to optimize performance
- Handle issues related to VAS products to ensure all inquiries, issues, and complaints are handled according to company's policy and agreements
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master's/Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or related field
- 6 years of experience working in a digital or related role with at least 4 years of hands-on product management/development experience, including defining, launching, and optimizing product and services
- Experience in building differentiated customer value propositions and product value proposition.
- Ability to present compelling business cases for investment in new products and services development.
- Demonstrated project management experience and excellence in driving cross-functional projects with multiple stakeholders
- Proven success in delivering complex products/services in a high growth environment
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.