Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The purpose of this role is to coordinate the EU project activities in Borno state in North Eastern Nigeria. (MMC, Jere, Konduga,Gwoza).
Dimension of Role
- Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and with partners and related government institutions.
- The post holder will coordinate the implementation of the EU project and also document lessons learnt, support assessments and monitoring and evaluation of the Education in Emergencies components of Plan International's emergency response.
- He/she is responsible for assessment, response analysis, design, capacity building.
- The post holder will also contribute towards the capacity building of Plan Internationals implementing partners.
- In collaboration with the EU consortium Lead, the project coordinator will support the implementation of EU project.
- Manage EU project implementation in the Plan
- Coordinate with Key Local government authorities.
- Monitor the EU project implementation.
- Manage the field project team
- Ensure timely submission of field project reports to the EU project consortium lead.
- With support from Community Engagement Officer mobilize and sensitize community on the new project
- Ensure timely procurement of all project items.
- Represent Plan International at the Local government level.
- Review, assess and update the education situation in areas affected by emergency
- Ensure key data from assessments could be used as a baseline for program evaluation. If additional baseline data is required to evaluate children’s learning outcomes, then work with appropriate colleagues to collect this additional information.
- Contribute to the 5Ws
- Support in designing appropriate education interventions based on the outcomes of assessments and the context. Inclusion of quality issues in education and learning outcomes is really important.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Child Protection in Emergencies Specialist.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience Education in Emergencies
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Good knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles and established international child protection standards (especially UNCRC)
- Experience with participatory approaches to education, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or other related area.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Experience in mobile EiE unit’s desirable but not essential
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Languages: Excellent command of English language.
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behavior
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Provides good and adequate administrative and logistical support to enable programmes to meet meets it’s agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organizational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.