The Polytechnic, Ibadan was established in the year 1971 to produce man-power particularly in the field of technology who would not only be technically knowledgeable, but also capable of a degree of supervisory management in Commerce, Industry and Business, The institution is one of the foremost pioneer Technological Institutions in the country and is currently ranked by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) as the best State Polytechnic and the fourth best among Federal, State and Private Polytechnics in Nigeria.
Director, Works and Services
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
The Director of Works and Services is the Chief Supervising Officer of the Works and Services Department and he/she is directly responsible to the Rector in the performance of the following specific schedules among others:
- Formulation of divisional strategies to achieve institutional goals
- Planning and controlling the technical activities of the Works and Services Department
- Advising the Rector on the acquisition, operation and maintenance of all institutions assets
- Preparation of budget for the Department and exercising its control;
- Keeping an Inventory of all Institution’s vehicles and property, has the responsibility for their maintenance, security and up-keep.
The candidate for the post must have:
- Possess a good first degree or equivalent qualification in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a reputable Institution and a postgraduate degree at Masters level;
- Be a COREN Registered Engineer with current membership of relevant professional association(s);
- Have at least 15 years post qualification cognate experience in projects/works management.
- Have been a Chief Engineer or its equivalent for at least 3 years.
Conditions of Service
- All appointments will be for a term of five years and not renewabla Salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for each position by Government and as may be approved by the Institution’s Governing Council from time to time.
- Candidates must not be more than 60 years of age at the time of assumption of duty in February 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 25 copies of their Applications with detailed CV in the following order:
- Full Name
- Marital Status
- Number and age of Children
- Date and Placed Birth
- Current Postal/E-mail Address/Phone Number
- Permanent Home address
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications and Distinctions Obtained with Dates
- Membership of professional Associations/Bodies
- Working Experience (In chronological sequence)
- Present Employment - Status and Salary
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Major Technological Innovations/inventions or Projects Completed
- Names and Addresses of three Professional, Academic and Character Referees
- Date Available to resume duty If appointed
All applications and Referees Reports should be submitted under confidential cover (Position sought after must be indicated at the top left hand corner of the envelope) and addressed to:
The Registrar & Secretary to the Governing Council,
The Polytechnic, Ibadan,
P.M.B 22, U.I Post Office,
Ibadan - Oyo State
Soft copies of the application and accompanying documents including Referee's reports should be mailed in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line should read "Application for the post of Rector"
In addition to relevant documents, every candidate is to submit his/her vision/mission statement to include the following among others:
- Repositioning the institution for national and global competitiveness in addition to her relevance for community, state and national development.
- Each Referee must forward a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic, professional and administrative or managerial competences in a properly sealed envelope.