Egbin Power Plc Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
Technical Advisor - Boiler Maintenance
Location: Ijede-Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Type: Contracted
Level: Senior Manager/Supervisor
- Responsible for all maintenance activities relating to the Boiler.
- Approve all procurement needs and maintenance design work in the Boiler section.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervision of maintenance measures in boiler and optimize equipment lifecycle cost
- Ensure availability of spares and other infrastructures for maintenance of the Boiler
- Minimize cost of maintenance measures in boiler maintenance division and adhering to quality and safety norms
- Supervision of Boiler Engineers
- Ensure high availability of the boiler
- Plan resource requirements for boiler maintenance
- Minimize cost of maintenance of boiler and optimise equipment lifecycle cost
- Ensure compliance with procedures relating to documentation and record keeping of equipment history
- Optimize Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time To Repair (MTTR)
- Network with other mechanical maintenance teams in the plant and other locations for learning purposes.
- Coordination with shift operations for ensuring efficient plant operations
- Assist Head, Maintenance in planning all short, medium and long term maintenance activities with Maintenance planning department
- Lead all planned and unplanned shut down maintenance activities including all minor and major overhauls relating to boilers
- Provision of assistance and support with respect to preventive maintenance actions of the Boiler section
- Review and recommend drawings and documents related to Boiler maintenance
- Review and recommend Boiler maintenance procedure
- Provision of advice on Boiler maintenance methods and technical solutions
- Analyze TM (Trouble Memo) events and advise on appropriate technical solutions
- Provision of advice on repair works performed by Boiler personnel
- Review & advise on material specifications
- Assist with procurement of equipment, spare parts and other materials for the Boiler
- Conduct performance review of subordinates.
- Prepare periodic report for the attention of the Head, Maintenance.
Key Requirements- Qualifications/Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical or Production Engineering
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant work experience in the same or similar fields of Power Plant maintenance processes
- Five (5) of which must be in a supervisory role and direct exposure to boilers and power plant maintenance processes
- Proficiency in English Language – Speaking and Written is a mandatory communication skill
- Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification is an added advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience and working exposure of maintenance of boiler unit
- In-depth understanding of Boiler Operations
- Sound technical trouble shooting skills
- Deep knowledge of safety requirements and environmental aspects
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures with respect to maintenance of boiler
- Sound knowledge of power generation processes
- Knowledge of modern maintenance management practices and spares inventory management
- Effective Leadership Skills
- Effective Communications and Reporting Skills – ability to speak, read and write fluently in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.