Chief Accountant at Michael Stevens Consulting
Posted on: 5 December, 2018
Deadline: 14 December, 2018
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting - Our long term client, a Production company into production of edibles is looking to recruit competent and qualified candidates to help redistribute its products across assigned sales channels to fill the position below:
- The vision of the department is to always be a valued business support providing high quality and timely financial services.
About the Role
- We are seeking a Chief Accountant who will be a critical member of our Finance team.
- This is a management position reporting directly to Finance Director; you will be expected to manage daily financial operations, supervise staff, build systems for solid business controls, and lead cash management and budgeting processes.
What You Will Do
- ERP system financial management and implementation
- Day to day management of ERP accounts and ledger activities
- Company financial reporting and financial analysis
- Supervision of Treasury operations
- Internal audits and external audit preparation
- Budgeting and cost management
- Lead the development, implementation and improvement of accounting and financial systems through design of tools, procedures and manuals that ensure ability of the finance function to cope with scale as the business expands
- Managing the financial aspects of Bridge’s relationship in Nigeria with DFID
What You Should Have
- Degree in Finance and professional Accounting qualifications (CPA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Tech savvy; familiar with Microsoft Office and ERP (specifically Dynamics NAV)
- Experience managing a team
- Worked with sponsors such as USAID, DFID or similar organization
- At least seven years' experience working in Finance
- Detail-oriented and data-driven approach to role
- Available at all hours to attend to work matters.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi- task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a startup or social enterprise.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any enterprise from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often challenging, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: email@example.com
Note: Only candidates that meet the above requirements should apply.
- Recent Jobs from Michael Stevens Consulting
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Van Sales Representative at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Customer Insight Coordinator at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Project Analyst at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Know More About Michael Stevens ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Internal Auditor at Montaigne Place
- Healthcare Financing & Advocacy Coordinator at Save The Children
- Head of Finance (Group) at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Head, Internal Control at Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting
- Internal Auditor at Townserve Microfinance Bank Limited
- Accountant at Montaigne Place
- Income Auditor at Startup Jobs
- Head of Finance at Westfield Consulting