Financial Controller at UAC
Posted on: 4 December, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at UAC
UAC of Nigeria Plc. is a leading private sector enterprise with active participation in the development of the country since 1879. A diversified, food-focused company, UAC’s operations span the foods, real estate, paints and logistics sectors of the economy. We are committed to building and developing our people towards realizing their full potentials.
Reports to: Finance Director
Purpose of the Job
- To gather, analyse and interprete operational data, market and customer indices, micro and macro environmental indices, financial information, industry trends and competitor data for effective business planning, management and investment decisions.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
- Tracks corporate and financial performance indicators, reports variations and proposes remedial actions.
- Recommends improvements to management reports and formats including responsibilities, recipients and frequency of preparation.
- Evaluates business/project proposals with comprehensive analysis of monetary impact on business.
- Reviews, benchmarks and updates defined operational and financial parameters/performance indicators against which corporate and functional performances will be measured on an ongoing basis.
- Reviews new policies, regulations, International Financial Reporting standards (IFRS) and projecting the effects that the same could have on the company and its investments.
- Reviews analysis of information on production costs, test that all associated costs are captured/allocated and identify trends for the purpose of financial planning and cost analysis.
- Identifies long-term financial implications of intended corporate projects/initiatives and advise management.
- Reviews performance indices for the Group’s products and perform trend analyses of the various performance indices to provide management with information for strategic decision making.
- Prepares monthly business review report for the Managing Director.
Person Specification/Job Requirements
- A first degree or its equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Economics.
- 5+years’ experience in a managerial accounting position.
- Reputable manufacturing company with recognized professional accounting qualification (ACA, CPA, ACCA)
- Self-confidence and integrity,
- Leadership Skill
- Very good knowledge of business and financial modelling.
- Very good knowledge of business operations and strategy including cost components, business processes.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exceptional understanding of strategy and operations within UAC’s operating industries.
- Superior analytical abilities, team working capabilities, and result oriented nature.
- Innovation, creativity and ability to think out of the box.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools including financial and business modelling application.
- Proficiency in use of SAP ERP.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from UAC
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Innovation Manager at UAC
- Consumer Insight & Market Intelligence Manager at UAC
- Know More About UACSimilar Jobs
- Lead Grants Manager - Nigeria WATIH at Tetra Tech Company
- Accountant (Contract) at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Head of Account at Westfield Consulting
- Director, Finance at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
- Finance Coordinator at Save The Children
- Accountant at True Energy Services Limited
- Lead Grants Manager at Chemonics International
- Internal Auditor at The Place