AIM Group Limited is an integrated Multi-Disciplinary Company established on November 20, 1979.The principals of the AIM Group have a history in Nigeria that dates back to 1886 when the Grandfather of the Group’s chairperson resided in Lagos in 1886. The Group operates from its owned office and residential properties, with ultra-modern office facilities at its Headquarters in Victoria Island Annex, Lagos, with Regional and Staff Accommodation facilities in Abuja, Port Harcourt and Kano. AIM Group has satellite offices in various States in the Country.
We are looking for a Civil Engineer with specialty and experience in road and highway design to join our workforce. The candidate will assist in designing construction plans for roadway projects from various stages ranging from preliminary to final design.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements.
- Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, 3D models, construction documents, design and installation packages, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
- Develop design plans, design variations and expectations, specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages.
- Have project experience with providing engineering design services for traditional design-bid-build projects and design-build highway projects.
- Possess strong a verbal, written, presentation and excellent client management skills
- Demonstrate ability leading and managing the design and detailing of complex transportation projects
- Goal oriented, quality focused, and have demonstrated success with creating and fostering a team environment.
- Collaborate with other engineering staff to develop transportation projects including but not limited to roadway, bridge, rail, transportation planning, traffic control, signing, pavement marking, knowledge of hydraulic design, and preliminary design for environmental documents
- Analyze survey reports, maps, and other data to plan projects.
- Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors in planning stages and risk analysis.
- Compile and submit permit applications to local, state, and federal agencies verifying that projects comply with various regulations.
- Oversee soil testing to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations.
- Test building materials, such as concrete, asphalt, or steel, for use on projects to ascertain they meet up with specifications.
- Use design software’s to plan and design transportation systems, hydraulic systems, and structures in line with industry and government standards.
- Oversee, surveying operations to establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Manage the repair, maintenance, and replacement of infrastructure
- Generate progress reports on assigned projects.
- Represent the company on project meetings when necessary.
- 5- 10 years’ experience ; at least 3 years in design
- Proficient in the use of softwares such as AutoCAD, Revit etc.
- Member of Nigerian Society of Engineers will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below