Sales Manager, 1 at Wartsila Marine
Posted on: 3 December, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Wartsila Marine
Wärtsilä is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and energy solutions of its customers. In 2015, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5 billion with approximately 18,800 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki
Sales Manager, 1
Function: Sales & Marketing
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
- You will be part of a global, innovative and customer-driven organisation working with cutting-edge technologies for the marine and energy markets.
- At Wärtsilä we constantly develop our products and operations and provide growth opportunities both for our customers and our people. Our goal is to create a good workplace in which all employees have the chance to show their best and develop further their competencies.
- Lead market development and sales projects in the specified area and report the progress to relevant stakeholders
- Overall order intake, net sales and margin responsibility in the Region, as well as Lead and manage Target setting, budgets and forecasts
- Ensure high level customer relationship management
- Accurately forecast and deliver sales with best possible profitability with low risk profiles
- Understand/review/approve opportunity, cost, budget,
- Define and execute NWC action plans
- Proactively work to enable cross-divisional and cross-organizational cooperation throughout the sales process
- Negotiate terms and conditions of contracts
- Ensure compliance of our sales activities with Wartsila internal business processes
- Active engagement with local governments and utilities to promote and educate on Wärtsilä solutions Requirements
- Create Sales strategy for assigned organization in alignment with Energy Business strategy
- Lead region’s market development and NWC sales efficiently
- Lead and manage sales team, resource planning, while ensuring knowhow and professional competence development
- Proactively work to enable cross-divisional and cross-organizational cooperation,
- Service Sales Manager needs to hold relevant academic Degree and have strong track record from customer interface and leadership roles also in demanding, multicultural leadership environment
- Having a proven track record of business results is a must. Previous solid experience leading a Sales Team is considered a major advantage in being successful in this role
- Customer focus and service mind-set also in tough situations is natural to you and the business, market and customer understanding enables you to create and develop customer relationships with long term thinking.
- You possess capabilities for strategic, tactical and operational planning, target setting and follow-up. Your strong drive for performance and results have made you the successful person we’re looking for. Your can-do attitude in a constantly changing environment and ability to work under pressure, whether from results or schedule, shows as passion for execution and strive to make things happen.
- Understanding customers business and value proposition
- Comprehensive understanding of the energy sector
- Understanding of power plant financing, construction, operation and economic drivers
- Good value selling understanding, preferably from the power plant business
- Wärtsilä power plant knowledge
- Good understanding of oil & Gas and mining industry
- Understanding sales financials
- Excellent sales and contract negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning skills
- Team player attitude internally and externally
- Entrepreneurial drive with hunter mind-set
- Good experience on power plant project sales, power project development and Operation and Maintenance total solutions experience
- Eager and competent to engage at CEO, CFO and ministerial level.
- Languages:French and English compulsory Bsc or Master in engineering or economics relevant in Service or ES for Wartsila.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Wartsila Marine
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Contract Manager at Wartsila Marine
- Know More About Wartsila MarineSimilar Jobs
- Sales Officer (Whole/Retail Sales Trading) at Stresert Services Limited
- Business Development Manager at Emerging Platforms
- Sales Executive at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Sales Manager at Adexen
- Business Development Manager at Fadac Resources
- Client Acquisition and Retention Officer at Sterling Homes Limited
- Marketing Manager at Kloverharris Limited
- Marketing Officer at Viva Cinemas