Go Developer at Opera Software
Posted on: 3 December, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Opera Software
Opera Software crafts products and services that connect millions of people to the internet. The biggest operators around the world choose to work with us to give their customers the best web experience. Our mobile advertising platform enables publishers to monetize their content and allows brands to reach millions of consumers.
We strive to develop superior products and services for our users around the world, through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership and partnerships.
- Opera Software is looking for a Go Developer to join the growing Opera Payments Engineering Team located in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The ideal candidate should be able to work effectively with other developers, project leaders, and quality assurance engineers to solve complex issues and build and maintain a scalable, highly available, secure, and robust system.
- Opera Payments Platform (OPay) enables users to pay for various services through their mobile or web browser. It provides fast, easy, and secure payments and money transfers. Our key markets are emerging economies in Africa, Asia, and South America, where Opera has a traditionally strong presence and user base.
- At Opera Software, we develop superior products and services for our users around the world through state-of-the-art technology, innovation, leadership, and partnerships. Our product portfolio includes web browsers, payment solutions, news aggregation services, data compression, and privacy. Our products enable more than 350 million internet consumers to discover and connect with the content and services that matter most to them, regardless of the device, network, or location.
- Collaborate with an autonomous team of developers, designers, testers and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems
- Build and maintain the payment solutions which could be used by millions of users in Africa
- Be involved in architectural and design discussions, building toward an efficient, extensible, and secure payment system
- Improve test coverage and quality of the products
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming languages, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Strong knowledge of web architecture and distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of application architecture and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of concurrent programming and thread handling
- Care about quality and understand what it means to ship high-quality code
- Understand how to write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, performant, and easily maintainable code
- Experience with code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Agile work processes
- Self-motivated, structured, and able to take initiative as well as being creative and curious
- Autonomous working style, with eagerness to improve systems, processes, and yourself
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, and good communication skills
Ideal job requirements:
- Knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, idioms, framework, and tools:
- Goroutine and channel patterns
- Go’s templating language
- Popular Go web frameworks, such as Gin
- Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
- Writing unit and functional tests
- Knowledge of web security
- Knowledge of continuous integration/delivery
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Opera Software
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Web Developer at Opera Software
- Know More About Opera SoftwareSimilar Jobs
- Quality Assurance Engineer at Zola Electric
- Network Security Engineer at Main One Cable
- Management Information System/Payment Coordinator at Save The Children
- Graphics Designer at Vista Africa Holdings
- Consultant Firm for the Assessment of the Integrity of the Community's IT Infrastructure and the Capacity needs of the Community Computer Centre (CCC) at Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- Java Developer at AFNORD Nigeria
- Front End Web Developer at Landlagos
- Programmatic Data Systems and Technology Specialist at Catholic Relief Services