The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Finance Technical Assistant (Borno)
Ref. nr.: 3989030016
Location: Biu, Borno Application Link
Location: Dikwa, Borno Application Link
Location: Damasak, Borno Application Link
Reports to: Field Office Coordinator
Project Number: NGFX0000 (Shared Cost)
Duration and Type of Contract: 1 year
- NRC is looking for a Finance Technical Assistant for our field office in Biu, Borno State, Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Finance Technical Assistant is to support programme activities in Biu
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The Finance Technical Assistant reports to the Field Office Coordinator.
- Take day to day responsibility of managing petty cash and cash box.
- Take day to day responsibility of managing cheque payments.
- Maintain up to date records, project accounts on the system to ensure that timely, accurate and appropriate information is available and reported.
- Preparation of payment vouchers for cash and cheques and ensure timely settlement of all undisputed invoices.
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and periodic cash count is done
- Assist Finance officer in tracking advance and ensure that clearance of advance is done on time.
- Ensure that all support documents are complete and accurate before the financial transaction is done.
- Be the focal person between Area Office and Field office in regard to funds transfer requests and other payments through bank and cash.
- Preferably a Degree in Finance, Economics or any other related Course
- Ability to work as a member of the team
- Previous (2 years) experience working in an accounting department (preferably NGO)
- ICAN, ANAN, ACCA is an added advantage
- Microsoft Office Application
- Knowledge of Local Language (Hausa, Babur)
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: January 2019
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Biu, with frequent travels. Travel outside Biu is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
Method of Application
Click here fore more on the Position Description (Ms Word)
Application Procedures and CV Registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.