IELTS Examiner at British Council
Posted on: 3 December, 2018
Deadline: 31 December, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at British Council
The British Council is the world's leading cultural relations organization and creates opportunities for people in the UK and worldwide to understand each other, to work together and learn from one another. We see this as crucial to building secure, more prosperous and sustainable futures for us all. We build trust and understanding between different countries and cultures and develop strong international links that are of benefit to people in Britain and the rest of the world.
Working Hours: Weekend working is usually required
- We are looking for examiners to conduct one to one interviews with IELTS candidates to assess their spoken English according to set requirements, and assess written scripts produced by candidates under exam conditions.
- Examiners are recruited on a casual basis and are expected to examine at least ten sessions a year at regular intervals
- IELTS examinations regularly take place in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. We may occasionally run examinations in other cities in Nigeria.
- Training of successful candidates will be after shortlisting.
- An Undergraduate Degree or a qualification which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an Undergraduate Degree.
- A recognised qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) / Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) / or recognised equivalent as part of a recognised university award course.
- At least 3 years full time (14 hours per week minimum or the equivalent part time) relevant TESOL/TEFL teaching experience (minimum one year post certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over).
- CELTA; DELTA; Cert. TESOL; Dip. TESOL; PGCE; B Ed.; M Ed; MA Applied Linguistics
- Assessed teaching practice and ESOL/EFL studies at cert. level must be part of the course.
- Nigerian qualifications include either a Nigerian 1st Degree, an NCE in ELT plus relevant teaching experience and IELTS 9.0. Or Nigerian B.Ed in English Language Teaching (transcripts verify course content), relevant teaching experience plus IELTS 9.0
- A First Degree plus a Nigerian PGDE or M.Ed/MA in TESOL or TEFL (transcripts verify course content), plus relevant teaching experience and IELTS 9.0.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Download and complete the Application Form and the Reference Request Forms. Completed applications should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the "IELTS Guide for Examiner Applicants" (Adobe PDF 20KB)
Click here to download the "Examiner Minimum Professional Requirements" (Adobe PDF 80KB)
Click here to download the "Examiner Application Form" (Microsoft Word 183KB)
Click here to download the "Reference Request Form" (Microsoft Word 53KB)
- Before applying, read through the IELTS Examiner Minimum Professional Requirements & IELTS Guide for Examiner Applicants documents
- If shortlisted, you will need to submit a transcript of the teaching course you attended.
- Know More About British CouncilSimilar Jobs
- Registrar at University of Calabar
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Teacher at Jesuit Memorial College
- Economics Teacher at Jesuit Memorial College
- Educational Management and Travel Officer at HRLeverage Africa
- Training Instructor at Bemil Nigeria Limited
- Counselor at NIIT
- Head, Academic Studies at Aldelia Limited
- Lecturer II at Adeleke University